Hotas Warthog Priced

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-Ordered :D

I hate you! :p

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Old news I guess:

Finally some news. Not all are good. :(

New flash animation, with throttle detent info: http://www.thrustmaster.com/

And first signs of coming availability:

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog on Amazon.uk - no new information (almost empty page), except for the price. Recommended retail price £349.99 (418 EUR, $540), Amazon price £339.99 (406 EUR, $524). No preorder available yet.

Ouch. Thrustmaster site cites "acquisition parameters at €399", but that seems to be the final retail price after discounts, and RRP even higher. Or it's the regional pricing again, where you can almost equal all prices in numbers (not in value of course). So €399 = £399 = $399.

Oh and:

Release Date: 16 July 2010

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They better lower the prices to around $200-$300

200 tops for me. 500 is absolutely outrageous, i could get around 5 real flight hours for that.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

my 2p worth

Well, it’s not cheap, but in comparison to the other pro-level HOTAS, it’s comparable. £40 more than the Cougar RRP....after ten years inflation.

When you look at it like that, and its metal, and it’s a cougar. You pays your money and makes your choice.

(Apologies for poor formatting. the forum messed up my table)

HOTAS, RRP, Comes with pedals?

Thrustmaster Hot as Warthog £339 No

Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar £299 No

Saitek Pro Flight X-65F £297 No

Logitech Flight System G940 £299 Yes

CH Pro throttle, stick & pedals £338 Yes

For me pedals aren’t an issue as i bought some CH pedals from another forum regular, and before that was using my G25 wheel pedals, so am not fussed about "game-port-gate".

Besides, i just forked out best part of £600 to have a "tree surgeon" chop 3 conifers down. It would have been cheaper you buy some beavers and let them have a go!

PS [Pre-ordered] - entering poor mode

PPS - got my MFD's on Saturday, and, man are they cool. Getting back into AF as it’s the only game to really use them, until A-10 comes out

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

sounds as alluringly as strangely: is it available to buy? And what does it mean "Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Throttle and control panel"

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

What advantages will you get after that joystick purchase? (compared to example X-52). I know it looks like real A-10.... but for me it is not much.... especially for 400 € Oo

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

It could be theyre bundling the MFD Panels, though more likely its the switches on the Throttle base. 450 US is still a big ask over the $130 I paid for my X-52. But it would be nice.....

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

**** man I can buy real airplane in Ukraine for that money.

Flyable? If so order for me one too:megalol:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Specs: i7 920, GTX295, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz, 1TB WD, ASUS P6T Deluxe, 1000W Corsair PSU,

Coolermaster Cosmos "S" case, X-52pro, TrackIR 4

Still cheaper than what I had to fork out for my CH gear.. I'm going to get this, but just need to balance my CC's.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

It could be theyre bundling the MFD Panels, though more likely its the switches on the Throttle base. 450 US is still a big ask over the $130 I paid for my X-52. But it would be nice.....

nope. no panels. no pedals. but....

big lovely throttle

with a million buttons

proper switches

new hall sensors (no more cougar faffs)

metal

heavy

heavy metal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Nice. Started the day off with a laugh!

I just shelled out 2 grand to clear a bunch of weed type trees from a rental property and trim back an ancient silver maple that was encroaching angels 20, and was covering the entire city black like some kind of biodome.

Back on topic--would be nice for some to post exactly what any Cougar owners will be missing out on if they pass on the Warthog. The main thing itching me is the HeART sensor thing--as I have had to clean my pots once or twice over the years.

Besides, i just forked out best part of £600 to have a "tree surgeon" chop 3 conifers down. It would have been cheaper you buy some beavers and let them have a go!

the throttle is an a whole different league to any other HOTAS never mind the cougar.

joystick base akin to modded cougars with hall sensors, etc.

no centre play in joystick

no more fannying around with "firmwares", etc (a cougar thing)

to be honest, if i had spent £100's on modding my cougar i would wait till the throttles turn up on ebay. (or TM sell them separate, which may happen down the line)

i got mine cheap though so am selling to buy.

[DCS:A-10 - plug and play. no farting about for a week in foxy or ingame with key assignments. it will just work. all buttons/switchas and hats. straight away. theres £100 just there IMO.]

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]