Bit out there, but why the hell not?

Capn kamikaze

Kind of like a dialogue box comes up (if you enable it in your DCS options) for everyone in the lobby if someone calls a boom equipped tanker from a plane that uses the boom like say an F-15 or A-10 and then if you hit ok, you're put in the boom operators seat until you decide to go back to the spectators/role selection list.

Do you really want to fly in circles for hours?

This has been brought up a lot recently especially with folks who would like to see a C-130 module. Do I want to fly for hours in a circle? no. But theres a good number of FSX and MFS players that do. Perhaps they WOULD like to fly in circles for hours in a sim with the fidelity level that DCS offers. Perhaps they'd like the extra challenge a COD run and landing a C-2 Greyhound on a carrier, flying orbits in an AWACS or E-2 Hawkeye, dropping humvees off at the FOB in a C-130, Flying the KC-135 or S-3 Viking. dont thinks its a bad idea to get more folks into the community and think at least ONE of the above options she be strongly considered even if at a FC3 level or fidelity.

Perhaps they'd like the extra challenge a COD run and landing a C-2 Greyhound on a carrier, flying orbits in an AWACS or E-2 Hawkeye, dropping humvees off at the FOB in a C-130, Flying the KC-135 or S-3 Viking. dont thinks its a bad idea to get more folks into the community and think at least ONE of the above options she be strongly considered even if at a FC3 level or fidelity.

Absolutely - I would love to fly AWACS or transport missions in an hostile Environment. What would be even more awesome is to fly a dedicated bomber like a B-1B or a B-52.

There are a lot of people in the fligt sim sommunity who just love the aviation aspect, which is sometimes forgotten in Combat Sims. For alot of simmers it's not about blowing stuff up, but flying a C-130 or a B-52 in a realistic environment according to Standard procedures, navigating and dealing with random failures. Just take a look at the civil Aviation Sims how succesfull Commercial Flying Modules e.g. the 747, 777, the A320 are.

I think there would be a sufficiant number of people who would enjoy flying a tanker and switching to the Bomm Operator Position for the tanking process itself.

With the high fidelity modeling of the Flightmodel and the Systems there is a lot potential.

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

VEAO once had a boom operator on the table - sounds like 5 minutes of fun. Means nothing now though since they are now dissolved. But yeah, flying a C-130 through a combat zone sounds appealing to me too.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Just think of the fun you could have baiting those fighter jocks low on fuel.

“Bit closer, left a bit, just 1’metre, ooooops, slipped and boom has now moved 3m to your right, sorry!”

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Then all you'll hear over the AM is 'Darknight, Echo 1,1, request permission to fire 10 amraams at the chuff of Charlie-130!!' Or they'll do it anyways. lol

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Only as a boom operator? Hell no

Both pilot and boom operator switchable? Hell yeah

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5