KC-135BDA Basket incorrect collision model

icemaker

• 1 month later...

Any chance ED take a look at this problem ?

The KC135 has a larger fuel capacity than the KC130 and is compatible with all planes with a boom . According to the coalitions chosen, it is still more immersive to refuel on a NATO aircraft than an IL78.;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any chance ED take a look at this problem ?

The KC135 has a larger fuel capacity than the KC130 and is compatible with all planes with a boom . According to the coalitions chosen, it is still more immersive to refuel on a NATO aircraft than an IL78.;)

+1

This bug has existed for months now.

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any news on this one?

The viking-model isn't very nice to watch during refueling and the KC-130 got really boring now...

...i think we all waited long enough to get a working KC-135BDA.

I wonder what could be the problem since it doesn't look like it would be too much of coding work to get the connection points between probe and drogue right?!

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Yes its an old bug. And still no fix.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

I'd also love to see a fix for this.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

A fix for this is a must and I don't understand why this has gone on for so long. With the Hornet and soon to be Tomcat, we need realistic refueling operations for our naval aircraft. An ED response to this issue would be appreciated to at least see what progress has been made towards a fix.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

While the KC-135BDA is made by RAZBAM and not ED, there seems to be a problem in the DCS engine itself with tankers that can use boom and basket and that's something ED has to look intol:

From the Razbam's facebook page:

" There seems to be an internal DCS problem with the KC135BDA. Apparently DCS cannot reliable determine the basket position for a tanker using both boom and basket in the same refueling point, which is what the KC135BDA uses.

ED is looking at the problem and will create custom functions for handling such setup."

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Make it easy : central boom, wing pods.

24639232759_6a9fba13e6_b.jpg

This would be an ideal seemingly quick and dirty fix......

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

• 4 weeks later...
This would be an ideal seemingly quick and dirty fix......

*bump - awesome idea!

Also:

Its seems as far as my observations that the Boom+basket has two issues. 1. the collision model of the basket is slightly off. and 2. More grave of an issue is how once connected the behavior of the boom is seems erratic just after connection and tracks too slowly the plane.

Edited by cauldron