saitek x56 rhino

Glad to be of help - and MW is mousewheel - because that rotary encoder on the end of the throttle is perfect for it.

Yes, so many useful things on the throttle! Best designed TQS I've seen in terms of functionality --- better than the WH!

Only problem is build quality :( :( :(

I have the X-55, and, as I posted elsewhere, after 6-8 months, one by one, things started either dying or randomly and frequently spiking (ghost signals), in both cases forcing me to unmap the keys. I've lost about 50% of the rotaries and buttons now. I'm hoping that the X-56 may have better QC/quality, because I anticipate needing to replace my X-55 in another few months and I really like the design. Or, hopefully VKB or Mongoose come out with their offering by then ....

@Bearfoot - I'm finding the X-56 far better than I thought it would be. I was just remarking a day or two ago about how it gives me the best control I've had over the Huey. A huge difference (I'm using the strongest spring).

The only issue that bugs me is the clunkiness of the joystick collar on the top of the spring. I must try some grease on it.

Button 3 - the side one, on the stick has already started sticking on mine - though it is easy to free up again - I've had it less than 2 months.

I read that the button switches etc are fairly easy to upgrade to better quality ones, though.

@iDeagol - these profiles have been made with the DCS control panel. They use two modifier keys to create shift states so that each button, switch and analogue control can have three assignments.

That's the same as you would get with the Saitek software (called "HUD" these days - used to be SST - but now Logitech have bought it, that may change - PLEASE, Logitech!) but I found the HUD software not so good, tbh. Although I had a number of nice profiles with SST, it had a habit of throwing a wobbler every now and then and I hear HUD is just as unstable sometimes.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 1 year later...

Where exactly

Right then - attached is a zipped archive, containing a folder "Input".

[/i][/b]

I could be blind or just not seeing it, but where is the zipped archive attached to? :helpsmilie:

Brandon "OB" O'Brien

• 5 months later...