Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

Hello,

Perfection takes time. I was still dissatisfied with the results, so I had to start again, from the scratch. I will soon post some screenshots to show where the project stands.

B.

please take all the time you need, perfection sounds very good. i am sure we will get it, it´s your second name i guess! :-) please keep up the amazing work!

Edited by flanker1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello folks,

a proof that I'm alive and the project isn't dead:

tnWoaUR.png

LHBViYN.png

kqrgpoG.png

OSnzfD4.png

JBEhxC8.png

giY31ft.png

HLf1dja.png

I am still adding more variety to the fields, adjusting tree colours, etc. No ETA yet, but once I have something new to share, I will do so :smilewink:.

Cheers!

i am so happy to see you alive and not minor happy to see these amazing results!!! wow, in my opinion it seems to be perfect - what the hell are you looking for? ;-) maybe one little point: the ground floor color from the "woods" is maybe a little to dark from judging the pictures.

• 1 month later...

If may I suggest dear Barthek : you should join up with Starway and create a proper Caucasus ground textures.

Best regards.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Hello,

due to the fact that my poor old PC handles DCS quite badly now, the pace of development has greatly slowed down - that's the bad thing. The good thing is, however, that I have managed to complete SUMMER set of textures which I'll be very happy to share with you, guys. So keep an eye on this thread as I am making final adjustments and compiling the JSGME package. It should land within an hour or so.

Cheers!

Looks great. I like to voice such small request that the fields lines would stay in the length instead width, as farmers do not drive short distances and perform then turns when cultivating etc, but they really prefer the long lines as you need space at each end of the field where you turn around with tractor etc. Then when you have cultivated the field, you finish the field by cultivating the ends, and that is where you get the different direction to crop texture.

As well the field altitude matters, as you don't want to drive in 15° Slope sideways but drive up/down.

And if you have a river or lake near field, you want that side to be as well crosscut so that you minimize rainwater flow from field to those, and you might leave a 5-7 meter safety buffer between water and the field.

As for spring it would be nice to see a just cultivated fields, so color scheme to be brown, dry/wet mud. And that is clear difference between spring, summer and fall, where the fall should be either a full crop or just cut crop.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

After testing it, all I can say is: incredbly well done! I am a texture nut, and I must say this is the best I have seen yet, by far! The textures, colour balance, the sharpness, the way it blends, all perfect!

If I have to give some constructive criticism, it is that the mountains at range seem to have snow much lower than what they actually do when you get closer, creating a bit of an illusion.

Other than that- top notch! Hoping for the other seasons! (Well, at least spring and autumn). Who knows, maybe you will make a 'slightly snowy' winter that we had in a texture mod before, but haven't had since.

Either way- thanks!