VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

One question: is the AIRIO ICS HOT option independent of the switch on Tomcat´s cockpit?

On my end, recognition is working hands free even with the ICS cockpit switch set to COLD.

Thanks.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Now I can not direct Chatter to my Rift. Not even in VAICOM Control window Audio tab, selecting "Hedset (Rift Audio)" or even "Headset (Oculus virtual audio device)".

It always comes from my desktop speakers. All else, from Oculus OK.

Thanks

What is the difference between them, Rift Audio or Oculus virtual audio device? Or why having two names for the same device?

One question: is the AIRIO ICS HOT option independent of the switch on Tomcat´s cockpit? On my end, recognition is working hands free even with the ICS cockpit switch set to COLD.

Thanks.

Most likely, but just guessing. Voice Attack needs his own "hot" switch to listen all the time. And DCS has his own in game switch, that works without VoiceAttack too. I guess it could be programmed into VA, but too much hassle to read the in game switch.

Now I can not direct Chatter to my Rift. Not even in VAICOM Control window Audio tab, selecting "Hedset (Rift Audio)" or even "Headset (Oculus virtual audio device)".

It always comes from my desktop speakers. All else, from Oculus OK.

Thanks

What is the difference between them, Rift Audio or Oculus virtual audio device? Or why having two names for the same device?

For whatever reason, the newer Oculus virtual audio device was added when Oculus added the Quest Link capability.

So if one uses a Quest with Link, it is using the Oculus Virtual Audio rather than the Rift or Rift S audio.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Support | AIRIO

Hello,

I recently purchased VAICOM with the AIRO extension; I was able to get VAICOM installed and working correctly, but AIRIO does not appear to be working.

The symptoms are; when I give a command (e.g. 'RIO Startup') VoiceAttack reports "Unrecognized command 'RIO Startup' " (See Commands 2.png).

If I go to the profile setup, the six lines in 'Extension Packs' are present, but none of the Jester related commands are present (525 total commands). However, if I go to the Editor Tab there are 834 commands that include the AIRIO commands.

Things I have done/Tried

- Enabled AIRIO in EX menu (and disabled, re-enabled, with several restarts)

- Turned on Extended Command Set in the Preferences Menu

- Looked for an AIRIO.vap file to import commands

- Checked that the F-14 profile was active when DCS was in Sim

- Turned Hot Mic on and off

-------------------------

**UPDATE**

Was able to get this working using the Keyword update in the Editor Tab

Commands.thumb.png.d77e06bfc4af424498729d03a135cf01.png

1594754268_Commands2.thumb.png.b0457851a375b24a6668cc7f4d3da909.png

Edited by jcagle

I've been giving the FW-190 A8 Anton a try, via the 2-day free trial, and it would appear that the PTT window, in the Config tab, wrongly identifies it as the Dora variant.

Whether this makes any difference to how it works, i can't say, but it definitely says "Dora" and not "Anton".

Hello,

I recently purchased VAICOM with the AIRO extension; I was able to get VAICOM installed and working correctly, but AIRIO does not appear to be working.

The symptoms are; when I give a command (e.g. 'RIO Startup') VoiceAttack reports "Unrecognized command 'RIO Startup' " (See Commands 2.png).

If I go to the profile setup, the six lines in 'Extension Packs' are present, but none of the Jester related commands are present (525 total commands). However, if I go to the Editor Tab there are 834 commands that include the AIRIO commands.

Things I have done/Tried

- Enabled AIRIO in EX menu (and disabled, re-enabled, with several restarts)

- Turned on Extended Command Set in the Preferences Menu

- Looked for an AIRIO.vap file to import commands

- Checked that the F-14 profile was active when DCS was in Sim

- Turned Hot Mic on and off

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

John

You need to import the commands in the VAICOM profile, that's why the "Finish" button is yellow/orange. Click on it and follow the instructions in the window that appears.

I didn't try other output, so even if Redirect is switched on, and Rift selected, Chatter comes from desktop speaker.
I'm positive your settings are correct. But at this point, I'd try to test another output like headphones or something, just to make sure.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Boy, this is weird. Without DCS running yet, if I start up VoiceAttack and VAICOM, and in the Control Panel Audio tab, I switch REDIR audio output to OPER, and select "Ocululs Virtual Audio Devide" instead of "Headset (Rift Audio)", Chatter works OK in my Rift headphones.

As soon I start DCS, Chatter jumps back onto my desktop speakers, but everything else comes OK from my Rift.

Then I also tried inside DCS, Options / Audio tab and switching everything to Oculus Virtual Audio Device (from previous Rift Audio). Chatter still coming from speakers, even after a DCS restart. Killing DCS, Chatter jumps back OK into my Rift (Oculus Virtual Audio Device).

What the heck?

Did you enable "Select tune radio" option in the VAICOM Pro control panel "Preferences" tab?

And if you have Easy comms ON, you can also check "Instant select", next option down from previous.

I understand that I can tell Jester which frequency he should tune the Radio too. Tha "catch phrase" Radio tune isn't recognised by the module, I tried to re-learn it to my speach recognition and it works ok in e.g. a Word document, but never in vaicom. I have bothe mentiond options set to off, since I want to ask Jester to set the specific frequ. Ane othe thing I didn't found is a way to let him set the radios via pre progammed chanels shown in the kneeboard.

I must say that I'm a DCS beginner, so I'm still overwhelmed with all the stuff, so it is easyly possible I'm overlooking something.

Which module?

Always the F14 which I own as only module (besides maps) in the moment.

Okidoki

I asked because radio tuning won't work in every module.

But the Tomcat, obviously!

So you can get the correct phrase by STT in Word, but what does the Voice Attack log say?

I had some issues with commands in the fall. They were correct in MS Speech, but never showed up in the VA log and then were never sent to VAICOM of course.

Is it only the radio tuning commands that won't work?

Boy, this is weird. Without DCS running yet, if I start up VoiceAttack and VAICOM, and in the Control Panel Audio tab, I switch REDIR audio output to OPER, and select "Ocululs Virtual Audio Devide" instead of "Headset (Rift Audio)", Chatter works OK in my Rift headphones.

As soon I start DCS, Chatter jumps back onto my desktop speakers, but everything else comes OK from my Rift.

Then I also tried inside DCS, Options / Audio tab and switching everything to Oculus Virtual Audio Device (from previous Rift Audio). Chatter still coming from speakers, even after a DCS restart. Killing DCS, Chatter jumps back OK into my Rift (Oculus Virtual Audio Device).

What the heck?

Hay Max, additional information to this, even the TX squelch effects coming from the speakers (when pressing radio TX button), but the Pilot's voice and Reply comes from my Rift OK... What the...

Hay Max, additional information to this, even the TX squelch effects coming from the speakers (when pressing radio TX button), but the Pilot's voice and Reply comes from my Rift OK... What the...
Yeah, it's weird. Maybe I'll have a look to see if I reproduce on a different setup/system.

Any feedback on VSPX processing? Is it worth the change? Any impacr on non english native speakers?
It works good for me, as long as i remember the command as there can be no pauses like before.

So if you're confident and like to speak fast, you should try it.

The commands can't include your own flight callsign, so that might subtract from the immersion of your used to that.

hello, i am still having isues making jester enable grid, center grid and all that has to do with this, is going to be a fix soon for this?
What does the Voice Attack log say?

Are your commands understood?

Thanks, it is set like that.

and you have the active sound device set as Headphones (Rift Audio) in the Windows tray?

Edit: ahh, I've disabled those virtual sound devices and just use Headphones (Rift Audio) and Microphone (Rift Audio). I couldn't get the virtual ones to work, so just hid them

Edited by Greyman