Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Make BlueFlag RSVP Again! Or Allow Internal Kick Votes to manage this incidents on spot.

Edited by M460

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How about 1 GCI slot. Or have to register to be GCI. Not sure how that would work.

GCI is great but it gets abused imho.

The bad:

1. GCI can move troops to locations that are hard to find

2. GCI can see when missiles and sams are being fired.

3. GCI can mark location of enemy helis and enemy units on map.

4. GCI can jump into Humvee and start running in to helis when no AAA on farps.

5. GCI can shut off enemy sam sites

The Good:

1. GCI can coordinate attacks.

2. GCI can give BRA/Bogey calls to all aircraft.

3. GCI can manage friendly SAMS

4. GCI can give real time info on frienldy units at a farp/airfield.

Edited by mia389

Lag is getting extreme

Hey guys I noticed in the last couple of days that when above 25 pilots are online lag is getting extreme. We just lagged into each other just standing on the runway. If the server can´t handle 30 Players, don´t build your mission for 30 Players! Formation flying of any kind is damn near impossible atm.

Thanks for your hard work,

Fritz

Thanks for reporting that DL is still active, if that is the case then the changes I did before going away thursday didnt actual go live - which may explain the lag.

Only just back tonight, so not going to be able to do anything on it.

The server originally ran fine with all new scripts with around 60 players. Saying "Dont run a server for 30 people"... isn't very helpful :P

As I said before - We will slowly roll back unit count, slot count and eventually player count until the server is more stable. Please be patient, this is a lot of work and time is limited for us all again :)

Please make sure as well to use this file from 104th to increase your upload and download: http://community.104thphoenix.com/topic/572-dcs-multiplayer-connection-settings/

A few people not using it can drag the server down.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

And auto-kick if GCI doesn't get on GCI freq in SRS. To avoid people using it for AFK.. (something they do)

Not everyone uses SRS, but the vast majority uses TS, if GCI is not on TS - OR - SRS => kick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not a clue what guy you're talking about, But I just assume you got a screenshot for the rest of the class to share?

The one and only reason we pushed so far back yesterday, is that we had enough teamplayers online to push. (RvE can do the same when they are on a team). In this case, a bunch of Reapers and Matko (and some others). Because most of the time blue is populated with free for all Batumi flyers doing formation laps in northern Turkey.

There was no one feeding us sneaky intel from gci... Not to me (I dropped the troops myself at 2 airfields, 1 farp and 3 Sam sites, while Reaper 21 was shacking everything in his A-10.. without us having a mole inserted into red. Most of our sorties are on youtube after after flight, so I dare you to find evidence of your accusation.

And I am all for a global GCI ban, but then no more private GCI. e.g. Datalink for red either.. Mr Redfor.

Mister CrashO, I must remind you that DL is integral part of Flanker's avionics so removing that would mean removing RWR on F15 and Mirage. If you prefer that diskomfort acceptable for blue side I have nothing against removing DL feature on red side.

Little story about DL hate:

DL feature was removed from Fulcrum by ED crippling its navigation abilities without any explanation and on basis that DL feature was not part of standard Mig29 equipement even it has same device installed as on Flanker. So this story is over the edge of common sence since target data interhangeability is a feature introduced from Foxbat era. The only reason it wasnt on western export version is because export versions come stripped of from advanced on-the-grid features like DL and also they would need AWACS support. Who has russian AWACS brought today?

-this story is not about ED misinterpretation of russian air-combat philosophy.

Little story about 'denial of service by GCI':

You have a GCI guy sitting on your blue slot. He has stupid name like 'hilly-billy joe likes USA' combined. Doesn't type mesages, doesent use SRS, is not on TS. Red have offensive and slip true grid of passive defences untouched. Someone on blue goes for cruical mission and flies in the mud out of radar scopes cutting the tree tops in between hills and walls from booth sides. Red group pinpoints the flight with precise accuracy 1 min after takeoff aiming at exact mission type flight neglecting blue CAP completely and blue SAM shield. 30 seconds after sucess guy disconnects.

- and you say this is not what it is?

Blue had numbers?

- is that something new?

Online streaming?

-thats stupid. Last time we had a jokes on blue guy streaming his gradual deaths increased ratio.

So you say that you havent recieved any intel from your GCI?

-thumbs up for great sucess but none can speak for the whole team.

Principle of mole:

Register another user on ED. Buy CS for 10bucks. Run DCS on VM on another monitor. Enter oposide side GCI slot. Stream F10 map for SA unaware users to become 'better pilots'.

Pest removal options:

A) Dismiss GCI slots completely.

B) Fog of war?

C) GCI needs aproval from other players in-game (min 3 players egg.).

D) GCI needs to register for GCI role on BS forum.

The amount of Changes, rollbacks, Nerfs and all else on this Testing phase would be quite impressive if this would't reflect the inability of some players to adapt to more challenging environments.

All this Lag experts and Balance Authorities are making Ciribob work overtime, cause you know there can be two kind of opinionated players. The ones that require Gerber for breakfast, and those who would eat the nails out of their own coffin

I'd rather have what ever chow is given by the @SERVER ADMINS instead of the soup ya'll trying to cook.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The amount of Changes, rollbacks, Nerfs and all else on this Testing phase would be quite impressive if this would't reflect the inability of some players to adapt to more challenging environments.

All this Lag experts and Balance Authorities are making Ciribob work overtime, cause you know there can be two kind of opinionated players. The ones that require Gerber for breakfast, and those who would eat the nails out of their own coffin

I'd rather have what ever chow is given by the @SERVER ADMINS instead of the soup ya'll trying to cook.

Not going to swallow anything without giving my oppinion or feedback about it.

Right now there is tons of lag, should we be silent and not give any feedback about it?

Giving some suggestions along the way to for example reduce unit count by removing some airfields, seems very reasonable to me. It does not mean that Ciribob is going to do that. That is on his own discretion. Always has been and prolly always will be.

It would be nice to be able to use all our toys (DL) for a change. The question in this regard is and has always been "why do we have to fight with one arm tied to our backs?"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not going to swallow anything without giving my oppinion or feedback about it.

Right now there is tons of lag, should we be silent and not give any feedback about it?

Giving some suggestions along the way to for example reduce unit count by removing some airfields, seems very reasonable to me. It does not mean that Ciribob is going to do that. That is on his own discretion. Always has been and prolly always will be.

It would be nice to be able to use all our toys (DL) for a change. The question in this regard is and has always been "why do we have to fight with one arm tied to our backs?"

I'll say it again. We all should first, account for our connection to the server. Only then we can clear out for game logic performance.

pingplotter test to the server will tell you if your connection is the problem(I will demonstrate how to make an on demand warping connection, and how to solve it for those unaware).

Feedback on bugs and glitches is a must and I encourage people take their time to point stuff out, don't take me wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI slot currently can't man any AA vehicle (1st person for CA module). Please make it possible again! :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

They had it enabled a long time ago, but took it out because people were driving and hiding vehicles that we're needed for objectives.

Awesome. I only started playing for round 9.

Thx

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll say it again. We all should first, account for our connection to the server. Only then we can clear out for game logic performance.

pingplotter test to the server will tell you if your connection is the problem(I will demonstrate how to make an on demand warping connection, and how to solve it for those unaware).

Feedback on bugs and glitches is a must and I encourage people take their time to point stuff out, don't take me wrong.

Just a ping limiter would go a long way.

I have the 104th network thingy in my DCS since way back when. The actual problem would be people who join the server totally ignorant of this thread and the lag issues in general. Those will not have any knowledge of the network tweaks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a ping limiter would go a long way.

I have the 104th network thingy in my DCS since way back when. The actual problem would be people who join the server totally ignorant of this thread and the lag issues in general. Those will not have any knowledge of the network tweaks.

I'd put my money on latency over ping to be the issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ping describes the amount of latency .. it is basically synonmous

That is fundamentaly wrong.

You can have a 300ms ping connection with 06ms latency. (No Lag)

You can have a 60ms ping connection with 120ms latency. (Mucho Lag)

You will find that latency is mostly produced on the connection between your PC and your Modem.

They are not the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]