LarryNolen

LarryNolen

I have just discovered your simulator site and would like to know more about it. I have been flying on the IL2 flight sims. would like to find out if you have missions or combat battles???? What Planes do you have to buy to fly on this server?

Welcome LarryNolen. This might just be the last time you will ever title a thread with your own name. I myself have never tried it and I congratulate you for thinking out of the box. Most of your questions will be answered in the announcements section of this site. The P-51 will be a study sim. This means that the plane and its weapons will be modeled to the highest level of fidelity currently possible. There will not be, at least not initially, a IL2-type plane set. Any head-to-head will be P-51 vs P-51 (or, it pains me to say, P-51 vs A-10).

Edited by Smokin Hole

I have just discovered your simulator site and would like to know more about it. I have been flying on the IL2 flight sims. would like to find out if you have missions or combat battles???? What Planes do you have to buy to fly on this server?

The DCS Series is actually not a pure WW2 Dogfight Simulator. It´s a modern Combat and modern Aircraft Simulator such as the A-10, F-18, Hornet, SU 27 and so on...not to forget the Helo(s). KA-50 at the Moment.

As Smokin Hole already mentioned, so the DCS Series is a study Sim, you´ll need a lot of time to become familar with the Aircraft and itßs systems as well as with its avionics and tacticle possibilities.

The P-51 Mustang is the first Aircraft in a new Series which is called Flyingt legends...whether or not further WW2 Veterans will be available later is not known so far.

Currently available Aircrafts are the KA-50 Black Shark and the A-10C Warthog. ED is besides of that expanding the famous Lock on Flaming Cliffs game which is currently on the second level (FC2). But FC3 is to expected soon and will provide Multiplayer Compatibility between Lock on and the new DCS Aircrafts beginning with the A-10C, BlackShark2 and the P-51).

This might just be the last time you will ever title a thread with your own name. I myself have never tried it and I congratulate you for thinking out of the box.

BTW, agreed...the name of this thread is indeed somehow unusual.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective