What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

csper

What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?  

1729 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

• I'm so happy thanks ED ! :))
    • I like, but it could be another WW2 plane. :)
    • I dont like P-51D, I want another WW2 plane. :|
    • I want WW2 scenery, not just a WW2 plane!
    • I want Flying Legends series to have only JETs. There is no place WW2 planes at JET's playground! :/
    • I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. :(
    • I want carrier ops!
    • I want two seater cockpit!
    • If Flying Legends will have only ww2 planes, so it has to be independent from moderns..
    • Flying Legends must have helicopters.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW! Now this really has stirred the "hornets" nest eh?.TBH I think a lot of the negative vibes are because everyone was all fevered up,expecting the next release from ED was going to be a jet of some sorts "American fixed wing",because we had all the polls,wish lists and different expectations in mind and they then tell us it's going to be the mustang.

Think that if ED told us the next release was going to be "X" but it was one of the jets that most of us were hoping for,then after that or maybe after Nevada,that there were going to be a flying legends Mustang release I think there wouldn't be so many negative posts,or disheartened souls.

I myself was a little saddened at first I must admit,but,after a calm down,take it in,think about it time,I now realise it will be awesome to fly a plane like the Mustang modelled like only DCS and ED know how to do.

While I personally don't go for the "buy it just to fly it" sims,I am sure there are plenty of scope in the world of DCS to come up with sufficient scenarios to keep us busy until the proper release is announced.

Mick. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

I think the main concern s how it will be incorporated into the current shared environment. .

I think it will make a great prop trainer aircraft, which fits in perfectly with Nevada. People can start with the P-51 and then "progress" to the A-10C or DCS: Next with their more complicated avionics and weapons systems. Other than that, it will be perfect for COIN ops, anti-drug/border patrols, racing/aerobatics, and shark hunting. The P-51D won't be the bottom of the DCS food chain, and it has the speed to keep up with an A-10 wingman doing CAS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it will make a great prop trainer aircraft, which fits in perfectly with Nevada..

That's a great point. I flew with a Virtual Navy org on Vatsim and we started flying T-34's out of KNQI, then graduated to T-45's until finally strapping on the Superhornet after completing the requirements and training.

Here is what I think:

The addition of the Mustang as an aircraft does not mean that ED is developing a WW2 sim, nor does it mean the aircraft should be used as part of COIN ops next to the Ka-50 or A-10C. Instead, its just a flyable aircraft that can be used like that, but it doesn't necessarily have to be. Perhaps its meant to show WW2 fans that DCS can model a quality WW2 airframe, or maybe they want to stir interest of FSX addon developers into making aircraft for DCS. Or maybe its just for the Fighter Collection to have some PCs set up at their museum showing off the historical aircraft and their investment.

The thing is, you see people whining and complaining that the P-51 doesn't fit within the modern setting of DCS, nor will it easily survive the combat environment the A-10C or Ka-50 have to deal with, which is true. However part of the reason why it is multiplayer compatible and combat capable is pretty simple. A. Think of the reaction if it wasn't. B. Why the hell not? ED seem to be all about compatibility these days, for better or worse FC3 exists for this precise purpose, and it kinda fits the overall idea that DCS is expanding into more aircraft. As for making it combat capable, its a major feature that the FSX addon lacks, and it was a warbird. Although I admit it will royally suck if there aren't period buildings, vehicles, or aircraft to destroy, but that is always something that can be added later. But then again I would probably find more enjoyment in destroying WW2 era tanks with the A-10C more than I would with the P-51. It would sure open up C&C Red Alert style of back-stories to mission. :megalol:

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I'm getting the feeling that most of you missed the FAQ that went up this morning:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84678

Quick question wags, how will navigation be handled? Will you attempt to give a realistic form of navigation such as charts, and maybe an ongoing dead reckoning plot on the map, or maybe using adf? Or are you heading for more of a visual navigation based on landmarks? Just curious. Thanks.

By the way, love the look of the mustang, inside and out. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find us at http://virtual-roulettes.forumotion.com/

I think,P-51 alone on modern battlefield is not happy solution.

ED should not release Flying Legends alone, but with relevant oponents. I can imagine epic multiplayer dogfights like:

P-51 vs FW-190

Spitfire vs Bf-109

F-86 vs Mig-15

Sopwith Camel vs Foker Dr 1

Phantom F-4 vs Mig-21

X-Wing vs Tie Fighter

I thik, that this is commercially successful way for Flying Legends.

i5 2500K, Asus P8Z68V, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 1060 6GB, Soundblaster Z, TrackIR4, Thrustmaster T.16000M, W7 64bit

The only "use" for a F-51 in a combat Sim I can see so far is to use it as a substitute for this:

EMB-314_super_tucano.jpg

Let's hope it comes with modern light attack COIN like textures.

Maybe they're trying out new ideas... After all the Mustang was a side project..

If it's a flop then they don't have income.No income no funding for feture DCS: Super uber jet fighters

Maybe it should be called TFC: Mustang Mk3 / P-51 instead..?

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I already found a shovel in the garden that could serve as a yoke! Saves me 400 $ on a Hotas Warthog :D

lol :lol:

personally, i prefer afterburners no propeller.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Personally, I prefer no engines at all. :P

But a prop will do fine. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'd like them to take extra time to incorporate some additional changes to their current model and produce one of these as well :-

800px-Piper_PA48_Enforcer_USAF.jpg

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Gunnergolly, that's not a matter of making "some additional changes" though... :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Well sure, but the 3D model itself is a very small bit of the puzzle too. :P

You could relatively easily get a PA-48 that flies like a P-51, of course - that could be easily done by a modder. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

that's not a matter of making "some additional changes" though... tongue.gif

I agree with you EtherealN, the inclusion of a turbo engine and some hardpoints would require alot of recoding with the flight dynamics etc, etc.

But i feel that the P-48 "Enforcer" would be a more fitting aircraft for this simulator.

Personally i'm not really that interested in the P-51, however since it's just a side project and it's not affecting their "other" more interesting projects they mentioned on the road map they posted a while back.......i say good luck to them.

Just don't know quite what i'm going to do with the P-51, at least until they produce a BF109...

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

I agree with you EtherealN, the inclusion of a turbo engine and some hardpoints would require alot of recoding with the flight dynamics etc, etc.

But i feel that the P-48 "Enforcer" would be a more fitting aircraft for this simulator.

Personally i'm not really that interested in the P-51, however since it's just a side project and it's not affecting their "other" more interesting projects they mentioned on the road map they posted a while back.......i say good luck to them.

Just don't know quite what i'm going to do with the P-51, at least until they produce a BF109...

Well, the Enforcer might be an interesting plane to fly, on that I totally agree, but in that case I'd really be more interested in an A-1 or something like that. Also, TFC has in-house SME's on the P-51, it doesn't on the P-48. Indeed, I doubt there's good data anywhere for the P-48 - last I checked there's no flying survivors and, indeed, few pilots that are still alive to tell about it - and less that have enough precision of memory to properly fill the SME role. (Human memory is a terribly shoddy thing after all - every time you remember something, the brain will involuntarily change the memory ever so slightly. This is why really old games almost seem so much better when you remember them than when you actually re-install and play them again. :D )

An A-1 and a Vietnam map though... Now that would be awesome. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester