FPS Tweaks/MODs

A.S

After using FPS tweak and some fiddling with Nvidia panel i've got well over 30 fps - which is a great succes considering i've got a laptop. Then i've installed 1.21 patch on modded FC2 and it would not start so i had to reinstall whole FC2 again. Now i cant get over 30 fps even with FPS tweak and minimal settings of Nvidia panel. It looks as somethiung is limiting fps to just 30. It just would not get any higher even when there is just sky in the background, where before i had something, like 80-90 fps in that condition.

Any idea?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After using FPS tweak and some fiddling with Nvidia panel i've got well over 30 fps - which is a great succes considering i've got a laptop. Then i've installed 1.21 patch on modded FC2 and it would not start so i had to reinstall whole FC2 again. Now i cant get over 30 fps even with FPS tweak and minimal settings of Nvidia panel. It looks as somethiung is limiting fps to just 30. It just would not get any higher even when there is just sky in the background, where before i had something, like 80-90 fps in that condition.

Any idea?

Got my fps back ;)

Anyone who would like to install "highres clouds mod" be warned it triggers hdr and will eat lots of fps, wether you've got clouds in a mission or not.

• 3 weeks later...
and believe me, ingame it looks more stunning then in the shots below...

especially the transition from close to far, and the brilliance of ground...also the athmospheric more realistic "touch" or haze

graphics.cfg:

visibility settings:

near_clip = 0.2;

middle_clip = 3;

far_clip = 60000;

structures = {30, 3000};

trees = {1000, 6000};

dynamic = {300, 20000};

objects = {3000, 80000};

mirage = {3000, 20000};

surface = {5000, 15000};

lights = {100, 30000};

lodMult = 0.85;

lodAdd = 0;

LandLodDistances:

LandLodDistances

{

LandDay

{

L01 = 12000;

L12 = 32000;

}

LandNight

{

L01 = 12000;

L12 = 32000;

}

Map

{

L01 = 50000;

L12 = 120000;

L23 = 200000;

L34 = 300000;

L45 = 400000;

}

MapAlt

{

L01 = 50000;

L12 = 120000;

L23 = 200000;

L34 = 300000;

L45 = 400000;

}

MapTex

{

L01 = 50000;

L12 = 120000;

L23 = 200000;

L34 = 300000;

L45 = 400000;

}

MFD

{

L01 = 10000;

L12 = 25000;

}

LandTextureLighting = 1;

LandSunFactor = 0.7;

OldLandNoise

{

perSquare = 5;

perSquare2 = 150;

front = 1000;

back = 22000;

top = 2500;

map_high = 20000;

bottom = 2000;

noisemax = 0.5;

noisemin = 0.1;

}

Based on that conf. How can I make to increase the lod distance for the Hangars and vehicles. Basically with that conf I can run FC perfectly but I am having some trouble when trying to spot enemy vehicles and also when approaching to a base I would like to increase the lod distance of the hangars and base structures.

Try this:

structures = {40, 4000};

trees = {1000, 6000};

dynamic = {300, 20000};

objects = {3000, 80000};

mirage = {3000, 20000};

surface = {14000, 80000};

lights = {100, 30000};

You can fiddle with structures values *(like structures = {60, 6000}) to see things like buildings and bridges farther away, but be advised that it can have a negative impact on the performance.

Has anyone messed with these settings?

Precaching

{

around_camera = 50000;

around_objects = 10000;

around_types = {"world", "point"};

preload_types = {"map", "world", "mission"}

I'd like to know the max values are for these variables.

I remember increasing FC1.12 precashing to 2Gb's alleviated the stutter panning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Hey guys, I recently got FC2 and I'm struggling for good FPS. Where is was not uncommon for me to get 40+ fps I'm struggling to get 30 now, goes as low as 15-20 on the ramp... and thats just my aircraft not with 10-15 others like on squad nights. Here are my system specs:

XP pro 32bit

Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz

4gb ram

8800gts 640mb (oc'd)

Settings

Textures : med

Scenes : med

Vis Range : med

Heat blur : off

water : normal (looks like High setting from FC1 though? Wth? Why take options away from us?)

Shadows : Allplanar

Cockpit : 512

Think thats all of it. Annoying that my FPS seems to go down and down with every new edition, for minor graphical updates.

Using 2x multisampling on nhancer with 4x AF, without it jaggies look awful and the runway turns into a smudge after 10 feet!

I fly the Su-25/25T exclusively.

I used frazers tweak guide to get a bit more fps, but frames are still stupidly low on the ground for no obvious reason.

The first mission for "Revanche" where you relocate to Sukhumi, my FPS on the ground dropped between 8-12 with those aircraft on screen. The drop in performance is pretty heavy from FC1 where I could have the graphics higher for a lesser drop in fps.

Edited by 159th_LoneWolf

Hey guys, I recently got FC2 and I'm struggling for good FPS. Where is was not uncommon for me to get 40+ fps I'm struggling to get 30 now, goes as low as 15-20 on the ramp... and thats just my aircraft not with 10-15 others like on squad nights. Here are my system specs:

XP pro 32bit

Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz

4gb ram

8800gts 640mb (oc'd)

Settings

Textures : med

Scenes : med

Vis Range : med

Heat blur : off

water : normal (looks like High setting from FC1 though? Wth? Why take options away from us?)

Shadows : Allplanar

Cockpit : 512

Think thats all of it. Annoying that my FPS seems to go down and down with every new edition, for minor graphical updates.

Using 2x multisampling on nhancer with 4x AF, without it jaggies look awful and the runway turns into a smudge after 10 feet!

Dude you are wasting your 1GB of RAM because you have a 32 bit OS. Switch to W7 64 bit and you will really feel the difference. And set scene to low and you will really be happy even with your 32 bit OS.

Edited by combatace

Hello,

I've recently started using FC2 and was wondering where should I apply the A.S. graphic tweaks to. Should I apply those tweaks to a new files since the release of FC2?

..it seems both the graphics.cfg and graphics_bs.cfg files in D:\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\Config are not really used anymore.

I tried removing them to see if there were queried by the options.lua file and they aren't, or at least fc2 doesn't care about them.

Looking forward to hearing from you and thank you for this amazing tweak.

p.s.

Just a stupid quetion would the distance affect the drawing of enemy tanks and enemy objectives? I'm planning on flying Air to ground missions.

Regards

L

Simultools

option.lua doesn't contain all the parameters graphic.cfg contain.

I've heard BS has a server_graphics.lua file that might replace the graphic.cfg file, but, as I'm a FC2 newbye I wanted to make sure I edited the right files before breaking anything.

Basically I just wanted to apply the performance tweaks found here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=865286&postcount=86

to FC2. Any help much appreciated :)

Thanks a lot

Luca

If you find the same options in both option.lua and graphic.cfg, the option.lua is the one to use.

For more and detailed info (although not fully up to date) you could use the DCS Black Shark Tweak Guide Alpha Version

(The DCS file structure is for the biggest part the same as FC2)

Simultools

if I remove the graphics.cfg and graphics_bs.cfg from the directory, FC2 starts anyway.

The question is are these two files used at all?

or should I apply the tweaks to a different file in FC2 (I heard of a server_graphics.lua in the BS threads).

Could you please elaborate on this.

Thanks a lot for your time

Luca

You can do that tweak without any problems.

Simultools

if I remove the graphics.cfg and graphics_bs.cfg from the directory, FC2 starts anyway.

The question is are these two files used at all?

or should I apply the tweaks to a different file in FC2 (I heard of a server_graphics.lua in the BS threads).

Could you please elaborate on this.

Thanks a lot for your time

Luca

As you can see, servergraphichs.cfg contains far less configuration lines as graphics.cfg (both files are in config folder). Like the word says, servergraphics.cfg is used by servers and forces the client to use the same.

graphics_bs.cfg also has this name for a reason.....it is used by BlackShark.

So, use graphics.cfg and options.lua to tweak FC2. If you find similar settings in Options.lua and graphics.lua, the options.lua will be used.

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

that makes sense, I'll check it out once I get back home, thanks

L

As you can see, servergraphichs.cfg contains far less configuration lines as graphics.cfg (both files are in config folder). Like the word says, servergraphics.cfg is used by servers and forces the client to use the same.

graphics_bs.cfg also has this name for a reason.....it is used by BlackShark.

So, use graphics.cfg and options.lua to tweak FC2. If you find similar settings in Options.lua and graphics.lua, the options.lua will be used.

Simultools

• 1 month later...

horrible ground,please help !

graphics.cfg has been tweaked ,as follow:

LandLodDistances

{

LandDay

{

L01 = 15000;

L12 = 20000;

}

Medium

{

near_clip = 0.2;

middle_clip = 5;

far_clip = 100000;

structures = {40, 3000};

trees = {2000, 6000};

dynamic = {500, 5000};

objects = {5000, 35000};

mirage = {1000, 3000};

surface = {5000, 15000};

lights = {100, 20000};

lodMult = 1.5;

lodAdd = 0;

}

with that,I doesnt feel any jam when turn around head where on air and on ground, fps reach above 120+ ,but a except consequence makes me sad.

could you tell me what can I get rid of parameters to keep no jam and no square landsight exist simultaneously.

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

TANK YOU VERY MUCH!

1846381658_1.jpg.d8b15a0751131f9461b69df4dd643cdb.jpg

746960608_2.jpg.9190b40c958ddf3bcb354447d2bc5299.jpg

1934028525_3.jpg.76a7214b95a237b01ca7bbaddae8302f.jpg

The square landsight (low resolution) is what you get from the parameter L12.

Set the L12 on at least 25000, also a good thing to do is to lower the far_clip = 100000; to something like 75000, this setting will bring the far edge of the world closer to you, together with it's haze (100km of viewing distance is VERY rare in reality).

So, what you do is bring the (far clip) haze closer to you, and the (L12) land detail distance farther from you, which results in a better visibility balance, without losing FPS.

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

OK, here's the thing. Obviously one of the biggest FPS gains can be achieved by lowering the far_clip value. But this makes all in Shkval display too tranparent. Now, when you play SP only, you can (barely) compensate it using fogparam1 and fogparam2 parameters. But when you play MP too servers usually force the default fogparam parameters of 10 and 1.1 which will cause any value of far_clip below 140000 to cause excessive transparency in Shkval display.

So I have two questions for now:

1. What would be the next best tweak to compensate for the lack of far_clip tweak?

2. Are there any solutions to Shkval FPS drops? Like separate clipping values for shkval etc.?

Hi guys and thanks for the wonderfull threat. I did the tweaking in the first page for A.S. but after that it wasn`t that much better. It was was a little bit smoother but the FPS wasn`t going more than 35+/-:(. I don`t believe that my machine is the problem - CPU AMD Athlon x64 duo 2x2,7GHz; 4GB Ram A-DATA; 512 Mb GeForce 9400 and stuff like that. My graphics settings are.. lets say medium except the visible range wich is high. I`ve heard friends on weaker machines flying the FC 2.0 on great fps rates like 60,80, someone in threat had sad 120 :huh: .. I`ll be thankfull for any kinda help.

• 3 weeks later...

Salud guys and guysettes.

Finally got DCS:BS running OK on my "new" machine (a used Dell Optiplex GS620 w/ 2GB of RAM and an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro - or, in other words, a cup of crapuccino). This is (very briefly) what I did - dunno if these qualify as tips per se, but here goes anyway b/c you never know if this helps someone:

* Got every possible BS and Lomac FPS tweak / mod available and applied as applicable (after further extensive modifications in many cases)

* Re-sized a boatload of textures (i.e. made most of them 512x512 or smaller)

* Replaced all city & village textures to get rid of the shimmering (succeeded up to a point)

* FOUND OUT THAT MY SATA DRIVE (E: ) IS ACTUALLY MUCH SLOWER THAN MY IDE DRIVE. Sorry about the shouting, but this actually was one of the key findings, b/c I could then move my /Bazar and /Sound directories to my C: (IDE) drive & make hardlinks to them in the game root directory. Result: no more freezes and stutters!

* Updated my display driver to the most current (10.12 I think). Result: smooth and constant 30FPS with nary a hiccup even when flying over cities, etc.

So a happy camper here now that the bugger's finally sorted :)

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

if your SATA drive is slower than your IDE, u might want to checka deez out..

http://www.tweakwin7.com/articles/44119/improve-sata-hard-disk-performance-convert-from-ide-to-ahci/

DOES YOUR SATA HARD DRIVE SHOW UP AS AN ATA DEVICE, IDE DEVICE OR SCSSI DEVICE UNDER DEVICE MANAGER? YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR SATA DRIVE RUN AS AN ATA DEVICE.

• Like 1

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

@hannible thank you very much, now it shows up as a ATA instead of IDE repinbound bro. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||