Burning Skies Stats aka the Caucasus Turkey Shoot ;)

Krupi

I don't think you are quite grasping what I meant.

By balance in a 109 v spitfire I mean that the spitfire has the ability to out turn a 109s attack and the 109 can out pace the spitfire if it is in trouble this ultimately leads to a deadlock, that is until one pilot makes an error :D

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see these kind of pure theoretical discussions as pointless.

It's like someone saying Chuck Norris is so fast that he can run round the entire planet and kick himself in he's own ass.

And than another person comes and contradicts him with: That would never happen because Chuck Norris would see such an attack coming and would block it.

Third person: Being Chuck Norris is easier .

This is the kind of discussion i'm seeing.This way you can practically say anything .Like spitfire turns too tight and it's impossible to pull enough lead to shoot.Man it's invincible .Which is what i said when i was a rookie.

Or 109 can always disengage which is again nonsense.You'll always make a mistake and you will not be able to disengage or turn.And the guy who makes less mistakes wins.

This is not theory for crying out loud.... :doh: This is evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of the aircraft and ultimately the aircraft that has the greatest speed in any situation has the largest chance to succeed/survive.

Ultimately the 109 with its speed when you evaluate scenarios has the largest chance of surviving.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I guess those Mustangs were the better than the 109 all along then. They're real fast and Mustang pilots never complained back before the spitty was here.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I guess those Mustangs were the better than the 109 all along then. They're real fast and Mustang pilots never complained back before the spitty was here.

In accelerating in climbing... No... try harder DefaultFace

A fast P-51 is a threat, in the current low altitude scenario it is a bit of a fish out of water, when flying against them I found a lot of p-51 low and slow

Edited by Krupi

Project IX Cockpit

By balance in a 109 v spitfire I mean that the spitfire has the ability to out turn a 109s attack and the 109 can out pace the spitfire if it is in trouble this ultimately leads to a deadlock, that is until one pilot makes an error :D

Yeah that sounds so unfair. Damn you ED!

Yeah that sounds so unfair. Damn you ED!

:doh: if you have nothing to add don't bother posting troll

Project IX Cockpit

".....ultimately leads to a deadlock, that is until one pilot makes an error". We have all these pages about the "turkey shoot" and the unstoppable UFO 109 and you say this. If this is not a contradiction to all your rhetoric then I don't know what is. Then you call me a troll because I make light of it?

You make it out like the spit is crap, yet it is a very capable aircraft and difficult to beat in a 109 based on MY experience. Is it the ultimate plane? No, it has disadvantages. So does the 109. There are very good spit pilots (and you are not one of them) who are only going to get better as they continue to learn their machine. I don't see them coming on here with your complaints about the unstoppable UFO 109 that they are somehow, against all odds, able to defeat. BS is not a turkey shoot and as much as you to portray it that way will not make it so. So continue to fret about your inability to beat a 109 while the good spit pilots take care of business every day.