First kill?

OllyFox80

Yep looks like you got him good. :thumbup: Missile trails are not supposed to go all the way to the target, as their motor only burns for the first part of the flight. The rest of the way they fly with the gained inertia (motor off, so no smoke trails).

Your victim looked like an Su-25 or maybe A-10 to me (rather straight wings), but it's kinda hard to tell on my monitor. In the future when you are in doubt simply press the Tab key to open the chat window. You should see a kill message there, something like [Player1] with [Aircraft1] killed [Player2] in [Aircraft2].

Hope that helps. Welcome to DCS. :)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Straight wings, looked a bit narrow so i'd say Su-25 (Su-25 has single tail, slight leading edge sweep and camo, A-10 has twin tail and grey). A-10 or Su-25 can both take ungodly amounts of damage hence the two missiles. Attackers are generally easy meat if you catch them off guard or at low energy.

Ill send you my copy of Art of the Kill, if you plan on taking on more serious opponents in the future you really should give it a read

My Logitech Extreme3D Pro "Essentials" Profiles for FC3 and 25T:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/599930/

VERN0UL.png

Thrustmaster T.16000M, TWCS

FC3, F-5E, M2000C, AJS-37, C-101, F-14, NTTR

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing this kind of post make me wondering is it actually hard to make a kill in 21 in MP ? I don't have the module yet.

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Seeing this kind of post make me wondering is it actually hard to make a kill in 21 in MP ? I don't have the module yet.

killing is the easy part. the hard part is finding a guy without him finding you first.

if you have a decent guy on gci/awacs and favorable geography it can be fairly straightforward to bang out kills

killing is the easy part. the hard part is finding a guy without him finding you first.

if you have a decent guy on gci/awacs and favorable geography it can be fairly straightforward to bang out kills

Aahh...I see now. So stealth is the key.

Cheers

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze