A10-C Maple Flag Mission Tutorials

Thanks for the quick reply. I really want to minimize using Easy Comms, it feels a bit cheating for me after going through all the excellent Training campaigns of yours... would rather do without, IF possible. No problem if no other way tough... Does Easy Comms necessity apply for all the remaining missions after TTQ #19, or is is just for this one?

I agree. I always play with easy comms disabled as it's more realistic having to work the radios.

I would recommend leaving it enabled until we get word that it's been fixed.

It might effect the other JTAC units as well which are prevalent throughout the campaign.

Hopefully ED can fix it in an upcoming update soon.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 7 months later...

Maple Flag BFT Mission 09 Trouble

Hi there,

I hope this thread is still active. I'm new here but not to flight sims. I've had A-10C since it came out but haven't touched it for years. I'm using the Maple Flag BFT practice missions and campaign, guided by Recon Stewart's videos, to reacquaint myself with the sim.

I'm having trouble with practice mission 09, the ILS nighttime landing. No matter what I do the mission gets terminated for an altitude violation on approach. I've watched Recon's video and matched both altitudes at 5.8 miles on each of his approaches (2400 on pass 1 and 1850 on pass 2), and I've done a few approaches between his two altitudes.

I start my descent at 8 miles (same as Recon) from 2500 ft. I reach 2000 ft at 5.8 miles and am right on glideslope according to the ILS. But then I hear the FE yelling terminate for an altitude violation. Doesn't seem to matter whether I'm high, low, or right on glideslope. I get no warnings, just the dreaded "Terminate! Terminate!" This is getting frustrating. What are the expected parameters here?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

I tried what you suggested Razor18. I picked up the glideslope at 2500 ft at just under 10 miles, and at about 8.8 miles out I dropped below the glideslope ever so slightly, not even enough to get the glideslope needle at the left of the ADI to drop halfway to the first dot below center, and I got the "Terminate Terminate" call without ever receiving a warning that I was below the glideslope.

I've attached an image of the ADI from the flight manual. I'd say I was about this far below the glideslope. Should that be enough to terminate the mission without a warning?

It just feels like a trigger is set wrong in the mission somewhere. Or I just really suck, which is entirely possible.

I'll try again to be more accurate, but then I'm going to bite the bullet and take the extra time to fly the campaign mission to see if it does the same thing as the practice mission.

257778682_ADIGraphic.PNG.1cc24128ba47225c9f92ec89c08a2b4b.PNG

I'm having trouble with practice mission 09, the ILS nighttime landing. No matter what I do the mission gets terminated for an altitude violation on approach. I've watched Recon's video and matched both altitudes at 5.8 miles on each of his approaches (2400 on pass 1 and 1850 on pass 2), and I've done a few approaches between his two altitudes.

Hi Bruce,

as a matter of fact I was flying this exact mission earlier today and I had the same issue. I recommend to go on and fly the real qualification - at least for me it seemed to be programmed more correctly so I was able to finish it.

I have noticed couple of times in this campaign that the practice missions behave differently to the real check rides (and I am not talking about the additional info they are giving you, but the flight parameter issues.)

Looking at the triggers the terminate calls for altitude are likely because you are breaking the pattern altitude before you have landing clearance from the tower.

If you stay in the pattern until you are within 5nm from the end of the runway then you should be in the zone that sets the flag to disable the pattern altitude failure trigger.

The tests for Glideslope and speed are done after that.

We will retest the missions again to see if recent updates have changed the behavior but this is what the current triggers appear to be doing.

This is to simulate the chance that you don't get tower clearance and need to stay in the pattern longer.

We plan on making updates to the whole package so we will see what we can do improve the way this mission plays and the information needed to pass it.

Please continue to report any issues or problems so we can investigate and correct them.

Thanks.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Looking at the triggers the terminate calls for altitude are likely because you are breaking the pattern altitude before you have landing clearance from the tower.

If you stay in the pattern until you are within 5nm from the end of the runway then you should be in the zone that sets the flag to disable the pattern altitude failure trigger.

The tests for Glideslope and speed are done after that.

We will retest the missions again to see if recent updates have changed the behavior but this is what the current triggers appear to be doing.

This is to simulate the chance that you don't get tower clearance and need to stay in the pattern longer.

We plan on making updates to the whole package so we will see what we can do improve the way this mission plays and the information needed to pass it.

Please continue to report any issues or problems so we can investigate and correct them.

Thanks.

Sabre TLA, thank you very much for making these training campaigns and thanks for the quick response to my question. I'm getting better than ever at flying the A-10C thanks to these missions, but 09 has beat me down. I'll try again staying at pattern altitude until I get permission to land, but I seem to recall doing that and then getting the Terminate call for being too high above the glideslope. I could be remembering it incorrectly though. Thanks for continually improving things and for paying attention to your customers.

• 5 months later...

Mission 10 Bullseye offset

Well, i have attempted this mission 20 times with no luck:cry::mad:

I can get through most of it, but it seems the bullseye offset is my crutch.

Is it 030 at 33 or 300 at 33. Normally the call would say ZERO THREE ZERO AT 33 or THREE ZERO ZERO at 33, but when you say THREE ZERO its ambiguous. So is it 030 at 33 or 300 at 33.

Yeah, i suck but i really need to get past this.....LOL:doh::doh::doh:

Really enjoyed these missions and I'd love to help but I have zero clue what you are talking.

edit : I think i got it. From what I remember, it was 30. It's indeed confusing that he misses out the 0, but the written message clearly says 30. If this is about the bullseye offset thing in that night flightplan nav mission.

Thanks 030 it is then.