Is there anyway to dial back the smoke when thr guns fire? Looks ridiculous!

Mysticpuma

two days ago i noticed, that with the PFXSmoke2.fx file deleted, unfortunately also flak bursts become invisible...i became aware of this when flying on our dogs of war server in one of D0o0m's excellent missions, when i got hit by flak several times, i could hear the impacts and also watched debris falling off my plane, but the bursts themselves where invisible.so i put the file back in place and everything was working again...

so a question,...does anybody know if and how its possible to adjust the file, so that the gunsmoke is invisible, but other effects like those flak bursts remain untouched?

• 1 month later...
two days ago i noticed, that with the PFXSmoke2.fx file deleted, unfortunately also flak bursts become invisible...i became aware of this when flying on our dogs of war server in one of D0o0m's excellent missions, when i got hit by flak several times, i could hear the impacts and also watched debris falling off my plane, but the bursts themselves where invisible.so i put the file back in place and everything was working again...

so a question,...does anybody know if and how its possible to adjust the file, so that the gunsmoke is invisible, but other effects like those flak bursts remain untouched?

sounds like shared file.

I also found the gunsmoke is excessive. Possible to build in some kinda toggle to allow people select whatever effects they want. If you like blackpowder musket style machine gun then go for it. If you don't then deselect it and it will be gone. Really kills fps.

After all this time you would of figured they would have this fixed, and I'm surprised a good coder has not figured it out yet either...........

I find it extremely irritating it looks like a big blow up ball of cotton on the wings when you fire the guns........... imagine what it would be like if you were flying a P-38........... or Bf-109...........

Hoss

Sempre Fortis

The wingtip vortices look great, It would be nice if the gun smoke looked similar...

they do, only problem in the p51 is, that you hardly ever see them on human flown planes....for the AI its no problem to generate them in a medium to tight turn though :)

but yes, they look great.im confident though, that this gunsmoke gets fixed eventually