which is mklimk(ed) to my
C:\Users\admin\Saved Games\DCS.IC

I have tried both,

KBB Custom Kneeboard does create a
General DCS World Kneeboard with added ‘Dynamic Mission Briefing’
a Huey kneeboard with added ‘startup procedure’

BUT

does not resize or move keeboard

I have a Rift and I tried Width Off set -720 and non at all / monitor used is native 1080p / Rift resolution supposedly 1200x1080
and moved and resized the Kneeboard in the KBB Profiles editor
but stays default location and size

also
no files are added for the profiles in
"..\Saved Games\DCS.IC\Data\Kneeboard Builder Config\Kneeboard Data\.."
which seems not right

?
any thoughts?
Yes

1. Fix DCS so that the installation location corresponds to the registry entries referencing DCS, or the other way around.

2. Insure that your '..\Saved Games' folder is conform to your Windows installation; in other words, your '..\Saved Games' folder MUST be what Windows™ understands to be your '..\Saved Games' folder.

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:22 PM   #1222
mad rabbit

Current folder set for F-14 kneeboard in Kneeboard Builder is incorrect.

I suspect this is because the install/mod folder for the F-14 currently is:
\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F14

Thus Kneeboard builder uses this to create the following kneeboard folder:
\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\F14

However the current (not necessarily correct, as I believe this is a bug on HeatBlur's behalf) is:
\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\F-14B

tldr: Kneeboard Builder will put your kneeboards for the F14 in a directory called 'F14'. Rename this to 'F-14B'.
mad rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:18 AM   #1223
majapahit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orso View Post
Yes

1. Fix DCS so that the installation location corresponds to the registry entries referencing DCS, or the other way around.

2. Insure that your '..\Saved Games' folder is conform to your Windows installation; in other words, your '..\Saved Games' folder MUST be what Windows™ underst"nds to be your '..\Saved Games' folder.
"Fix DCS so that the installation location"
not available, DCS is installed on a different drive that survived several windows upgrades

"'..\Saved Games' folder is conform to your Window"
use a Mklink as my "c:\Users\admin\Saved Games" which has always worked
- have tried both "c:\Users\admin\Saved Games" and the linked folrder "k:\Saved Games" in the prefs

stil no resize/move

?

I use "custom" install that supposedly circumvents the Reg install dir?
but something is still amiss.
"build' custom does work
Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 32GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 40" 1080p TV | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen | VR googles

Last edited by majapahit; 03-20-2019 at 09:47 AM.
majapahit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:47 PM   #1224
Captain Orso

Quote:
Originally Posted by majapahit View Post
"Fix DCS so that the installation location"
not available, DCS is installed on a different drive that survived several windows upgrades
IF you installed DCS to, for example your 'H:' drive, in Windows XP, then upgraded to Windows 7, and then to Windows 10, that should be okay, because the registry entries would all point to 'H:\...'.

IF while upgrading Windows, you moved your installation folders to a different location, then the registry and installation locations do not correspond. The only way I myself know to rectify that, is to reinstall DCS using their actual installation location. I'm not saying there is no other way, but I don't know what those other methods might be.

Quote:
"'..\Saved Games' folder is conform to your Window"
use a Mklink as my "c:\Users\admin\Saved Games" which has always worked
- have tried both "c:\Users\admin\Saved Games" and the linked folrder "k:\Saved Games" in the prefs

stil no resize/move

?
This can work with some application, but I know it won't work will ALL application, because of the varied ways applications can use to build the path to your Windows 'personal' folders.

Here is described one way to move personal folders in Windows: How-To Geek: How to Move Your Documents, Music, and Other Folders Somewhere Else in Windows

It might be advantageous to research a method described specifically for Windows version.

Quote:
I use "custom" install that supposedly circumvents the Reg install dir?
I don't know what this means.

Quote:
but something is still amiss.
"build' custom does work

System Specs.
Spoiler:
Old 03-20-2019, 06:04 PM   #1225
rocketeer

Captain Orso,
Thanks for your input. I did give offsets, but they are positive numbers, not negative. Because the pimax resolution is twice that of oculus, i need to give positive offsets to my monitor resolution to reach the pimax resolution.

Anyway, using the profile for a10c in the KBB is still random for changing size or position. Sometimes i shift it and nothing happens. sometimes it does, sometimes it moves in the opposition direction! I can control the size and position half the time. Tried like two dozen times. I think there is a bug somewhere.

Now i got it bigger, centered, a bit high but i'd live with it. For something that is unpredictable much luck is required. I love this utility. Don't get me wrong. I got to customize with all the RWR list, start up checklist, ops notes etc. But positioning it is just too random.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:17 AM   #1226
Captain Orso

I think KBB uses an algorithm which uses some part of your KB window dimensions to determine to which edge of the display it is closest, and then records the KB window position and being offset from that edge. However KBB does not do a good job of determining the actual display size.

There are several known situation in which the primary monitor resolution is not valid for KBB, such as multi-monitor setups, and using HMD's, which is nowhere directly addressed in the KBB-UI --that I know of--, which I believe is the cause of all this grief.

If I understand correctly, you are getting a KB window displayed?

System Specs.
Spoiler:
Old 03-21-2019, 06:01 PM   #1227
rocketeer

I fly the A10C only (for now), which does not have HMD. I also don't have multi-monitor setup. Currently just using a small spare monitor with my cockpit as I fly only VR. Like you said, I suspect KBB does not recognize the resolution of my monitor.

Through all the numerous experiments I figured roughly the border of the KB in VR and try to keep it within the limits. The frustration is the changes in position that I make have intermittent and sometimes random result which end up pushing off the relatively large KB outside the limit and it gets truncated.

To answer your question, yes I do get a KB displayed, in VR. It's quite big, centered, a bit high so i have to look up. I like it big so it's easier to read the checklists in VR. And being centered is important. I'd live with it being a bit too high as I can't tell how many more times I have to try to get it lower and still centered given the result is so unpredictable.

I am thankful for this KBB to let me customize the pages, remove some pages, rearrange the order etc. If it can be made as a pair like in real life, one on the left and one on the right like being strapped to the thighs IRL, that would reduce the flipping of the pages. eg. the list of airports is good and necessary to know their locations, orientation, frequencies etc. but is a long list to flip through. It would be nice to have two KB up in view, one for less used but still needed stuff for reference, eg. on the right side, another which is more frequently used stuff like RWR list, startup, fence etc checklists on the left. That would be ultimate. Technically it should be possible. For now I'd just put those less used stuff to the later pages.