F-15C Damage model rework soon? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 08:52 AM   #1
TaxDollarsAtWork

Default F-15C Damage model rework soon?

I've one too many a time run into F-15s that just won't go down after a missile hit even head on regardless of missile type, AIM-9s, R-60s what have you.

Will ED do anything in coming updates to rectify this issue?
Have they acknowledged it?
TaxDollarsAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #2
draconus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxDollarsAtWork View Post
I've one too many a time run into F-15s that just won't go down after a missile hit even head on regardless of missile type, AIM-9s, R-60s what have you.
These have relatively small warheads against relatively big aircraft. How do you know how far off were the explosions? Was the target defending and using CM? How do you know the damage done?
It's not binary game - either hit right into pilot's head, blowing engines on the way out, or no hit at all.
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:29 AM   #3
Gierasimov

ED is working on a warbirds damage model. They once said this framework will be then used to improve other units. Wags recently said this will be for updated Combined Arms (ground units), so hopefully, we will see this applied to air assets alike.

I think someone was mentioning this issue with Eagle regarding multiplayer already some time back.
Gierasimov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:35 PM   #4
TaxDollarsAtWork

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post
These have relatively small warheads against relatively big aircraft. How do you know how far off were the explosions? Was the target defending and using CM? How do you know the damage done?
It's not binary game - either hit right into pilot's head, blowing engines on the way out, or no hit at all.
I know the damage done because I have been on both sides have had missiles whack me head on and have fired close enough shots with as I said before not only R-60s but bigger missiles like AIM-9s and R-73s too see the eagle continue fighting as though nothing at all had happened after direct head on hits.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #5
TaxDollarsAtWork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gierasimov View Post
ED is working on a warbirds damage model. They once said this framework will be then used to improve other units. Wags recently said this will be for updated Combined Arms (ground units), so hopefully, we will see this applied to air assets alike.

I think someone was mentioning this issue with Eagle regarding multiplayer already some time back.
Good to see they are doing something thank you for that
Old 03-18-2019, 03:34 PM   #6
GGTharos
Veteran

The F-15C/J has been hit by air to air missiles on 3 occasions in RL, twice by AIM-9 (training switch errors) and once by R-60 (Israel/Syria conflict). Of those, two of the aircraft returned and were repaired.

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote