20% turbine rpm only

arturojgt

Move your throttle forward and back (your physical throttle) to make sure it's synced with the game. I believe HOME nudges the throttle through the idle positions.

Hi Zhukov. Is the weather, I’m on Tiflis-Lochini with summer rain and storm and the engine don’t go beyond 20% but if I change to a clear day the engine start perfectly. So weird.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Hydro lock? Hehe :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

I just tested in summer and heavy rain at Sochi. It lingered for a little while at 20%, but I kept the throttle forward and it slowly began climbing, eventually passing 50% and starting to taxi out. It's working. The weather is just impeding it somehow. Now, I started in a hangar, starting on an open pad may yield slightly different results, but it still works.

Keep in mind, that weather IS a factor to consider with your starting procedure, things like pitot heaters, battery heaters, etc, become relevant if temps are sufficiently low. So, that a gale force thunderstorm would affect engine startup is not surprising.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

20% turbine rpm only

I just tested in summer and heavy rain at Sochi. It lingered for a little while at 20%, but I kept the throttle forward and it slowly began climbing, eventually passing 50% and starting to taxi out. It's working. The weather is just impeding it somehow. Now, I started in a hangar, starting on an open pad may yield slightly different results, but it still works.

Keep in mind, that weather IS a factor to consider with your starting procedure, things like pitot heaters, battery heaters, etc, become relevant if temps are sufficiently low. So, that a gale force thunderstorm would affect engine startup is not surprising.

Trying right now at Sochi.

Edited by arturojgt

Nothing. I put a link to a YouTube video below.

https://youtu.be/IG68yBOvQVY

In neither instance did you put the throttle forward and leave it. You put it forward and then quit the game. I said, put it forward and leave it for about 30-60 seconds, see if it starts moving then. It was very sluggish to start, but it did indeed work for me. Failing that, I would say you've got something else going on.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Nothing. I put a link to a YouTube video below.

Thanks, it made it much easier to diagnose your problem at Sochi-Adler.

TL;DR:

Strong tail winds will stop a successful F-86 engine start, adjust wind direction/strength or parking spot accordingly.

Detail:

"Summer. Heavy Thunderstorm" has a ground wind of 19 m/s (37 knots) to 330° True

• At ramp#56, this is a strong tail wind and looks to be stopping a successful engine start.

Although ramp#56 is inside a hanger, it's likely the F-86 engine model doesn't take it into account, hence the problem.

• Set wind to zero (like "Summer. Clean sky, no wind"), reduce it (i.e. to 9 m/s)

or

• Switch to ramp#54 (so it becomes a headwind instead)

will enable a successful engine start.

Tested in DCS 2.5.2.20601

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks, it made it much easier to diagnose your problem at Sochi-Adler.

TL;DR:

Strong tail winds will stop a successful F-86 engine start, adjust wind direction/strength or parking spot accordingly.

Detail:

"Summer. Heavy Thunderstorm" has a ground wind of 19 m/s (37 knots) to 330° True

• At ramp#56, this is a strong tail wind and looks to be stopping a successful engine start.

Although ramp#56 is inside a hanger, it's likely the F-86 engine model doesn't take it into account, hence the problem.

• Set wind to zero (like "Summer. Clean sky, no wind"), reduce it

or

• Switch to ramp#54 (so it becomes a headwind instead)

will enable a successful engine start.

Tested in DCS 2.5.2.20601

Wow, It was the tail wind. I changed the wind directions and no problems.

Is there a part in the manual where this is mentioned?

Hey, with the weather did you have an overheating jet pipe? Just last night I was talking ot a good friend who used to be a crew chief on Pave Lows. He said that they couldn't start in a tailwind if it was too high, I wanna say he said 10kts, because the exhaust wouldn't leave the pipe and you would overheat your turbine. Maybe that's a real thing in DCS too?

Hey, with the weather did you have an overheating jet pipe? Just last night I was talking ot a good friend who used to be a crew chief on Pave Lows. He said that they couldn't start in a tailwind if it was too high, I wanna say he said 10kts, because the exhaust wouldn't leave the pipe and you would overheat your turbine. Maybe that's a real thing in DCS too?

Yes, I think that behavior is simulated in this sim just like a guy said in a previous response.