Training SAMs by Grimes

Tackle

This thing is great, thanks!

I've tried it with the A-10C SEAD Training mission, and it really improves the efficiency of the training - having no need to takeoff again and again.

I did notice that when going up against an SA-15, the first few missiles it shot at me did not hit (I received the "eject with shame" messages), but the 4th or 5th did hit. (might be related to the fact that when that final missile was launched I was really close to the SAM unit, though).

Thanks

No problem, can't wait for that Jamming script. I have a mission that was designed to do just that but hat to discontinue because I needed a jamming capability.

So the Jamming script beta is done!! It is teally funny!!! Wow!!

How it works?, very simple but effective.

There is a unit, called "Prowler". So when a missile guided by Radar active or semiactive is launched, the script is activated so...

If the missile is 4000m the probability of jamm it is 15%

If the missile is 2000m the probability of jamm it is 40%

If the missile is 1000m the probability of jamm it is 65%

If the missile is 300m the probability of jamm it is 85%

So there is always the possibility of the missile to hit you. You can edit in the file....

So, it does not matter who the missile is tracking to, if it crosses the jamming zone there are good chances. To be jammed. Its scary!!!

Ill open a post with it.

Hey Grimes...

Sooooooo been playing with this over the last few night and cannot get it working reliably...but I'm nit sure it's YOUR fault...so I'm gonna run through what I'm doing and see where I'm for in up.

I downloaded the trainingsams.lua from github.

First question, do I copy that script into the ""Do" function of a trigger or "Do script file" and load the .lua?

Second does this run with mist?

Can it run with other scripts and if so where does it go in the order?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

It looks like I did something stupid with some changes when I committed it to github. I fixed it. So get the lastest from github.

It can run either as a do script file or a do script. It should be short enough to fit inside the do script box without cutting anything off. Also mist isn't required. It is a relatively simply script that didn't need mist so I didn't use it.

It can run with other scripts, just be aware that this script tracks radar or IR missiles shot by players or AI and will remove the missiles close to impact.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

It looks like I did something stupid with some changes when I committed it to github. I fixed it. So get the lastest from github.

Uhummmm I forgot to ask...this works for SAMs and AAMs?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Whew...I thought I'd wasted 2 nights of my life...It would have been a fun story to tell...Shooting my buddy down over and over again testing a script that was working properly..."Hang on Let me check something else...BOOM! Well that didnt work either..."

Thanks Matador

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Ya know I just had a thought...Can you STOP a script once its been executed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server