no entry of f86 in the server.lua file?

• 1 month later...
Sorry for going a bit off topic, but are you saying that it is possible to assign additional FOVs to different keys (keyboard or joystick) besides the one that is standard zoom? I have been trying to figure out how to do it but never really found the way.

Is it possible to set ie 30deg-60-90 deg of FOV to 3 different keys?

I too dislike how the zoom function works, and had to manipulate a bit the zoom speed in order to get it functional for my way of flying, but still i would prefer an instant switch between different FOVs with buttons.

thanks

Yes, that is possible, but a bit tricky.

First off, you have to map these keys to your likings, I'll just show the keys I use as they were like that in the Il-2 series:

(Category - Control = Key)

View Cockpit - Zoom in = Del

View - Zoom normal = End

View Cockpit - Zoom out = PgDn

These are basically the fast zoom keys and the default zoom key for the middle setting.

Then you'll have to make sure the FOV angle limits are set to 30° min and 90° max. The normal zoom level is usually the value right in the center of those limits, but I've seen it's not the case in the FW-190D, so there's probably another value in the configs to edit which I still have to find out.

First place to look for these settings is DCS World\Config\View\Server.lua. Find this:

CameraViewAngleLimits  = {20.000000,120.000000},

Change it to 30 and 90 instead of 20 and 120, keep those .000000. Probably keeps running without, but I kept them. There's one entry "function default_fighter_player(t)" that controls all planes that have no own setting below.

Also, keep in mind that you should copy that Server.lua file to your User folder and edit it there, which is C:\Users\*yourwindowsaccountname*\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View>

Most recently released planes seem to have their config either in DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\F-86 or DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\FW-190D9 - just look for the View.lua - well, I'm still trying to find out where the actual configs sit there for each of them.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 1 month later...