20mm cannon

Antorian

Probably not. Foxtrots didn't carry cannons, save for eight examples. The only standard Sabres to carry cannons were the Australian Avon Sabres. The only American Sabres to carry cannon as a standard armament were the Kilo and Lima SabreDogs.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Probably not. Foxtrots didn't carry cannons, save for eight examples.

There have only ever been 4 ка-50 to be used in the field and look what sim we have of it ))))))

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

There have only ever been 4 ка-50 to be used in the field and look what sim we have of it ))))))

They still saw a production run to the tune of 30 something. Foxtrot Sabres only had 8 examples fitted with cannons.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

If Belsimtek ever makes another Sabre, forget the 20mm cannons and go for a CAC Sabre, with twin 30mm cannons. :thumbup:

P.S. If cannons are your thing, wait till we get the Belsimtek DCS Mig-15bis. 23 mm cannons are the Fagot' s pea shooters. :)

Edited by mjmorrow

F-86F-2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair CML16GX3M4A1866C9 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz 9-10-9-27-1T |eVGA GTX Titan Black Hydro Copper SLI | Plextor M5 Pro 512GB SSD | Crucial M4 512GB SSD | Seagate 2TB SSHD | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Cooling - Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO stainless steel radiator with 9x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilent Pro PK-2 140mm fans

i dont expect belsimtek would do it, since the aircraft are substantially different, but how hard would it be for a modder to "get close" the CAC-27? two 30mm aden cannons and the avon engine. the extra 400kg of pork must have been in the guns, since the avon was apparently lighter than the J47.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We have F-86F and apart from a very few airframes, armament of F-86F is 6x .50 cal. For me it's simple as that. Would I want another variant to be made into a module too, like F-86H or Canadian or Australian Sabers? Hell yes, why not? But F-86F should stay with 6 x .50 cals in my opinion.

Fact is, I'm loving those 6 guns. With high combined rate of fire, very flat trajectory for quite a long range, all right around nose, and F-86 being as stable as it is, they are quite lovely for both A-A and A-G use. That is, if we put aside general anemy that all guns/cannons display for A-A in DCS, but 20mm would be affected my this too. With a good burst on an engine or wings, 6 guns have no problem taking even a Su-25 down :)

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

After the Mig-15bis, as much as I would like a cannon carrying Sabre, I think the next fixed wing Belsimtek plane should be a Mig-17F or a Mig-17PF. There are going to be a number of Vietnam era Blue rides added to DCS, such as the Super Sabre and A-7 Corsair II. We don't have any historical Red rivals for these rides. The Mig-17F or Mig-17PF is a historically appropriate and logical rival for the Blue machines flying between the mid 1950's and mid 1970's. The Mig-17 also benefitted from technology derived from both the F-86F Sabre and Mig-15bis Fagot-B, so it makes sense to create the plane that was influenced by both the Sabre and the Fagot. :thumbup:

Edited by mjmorrow