You guys rock!

Injerin

You know - people are allowed to not like the state of projects, or products. That doesn't make them idiots.

I say that as someone who owns both the Mi-8 and the Huey, and plans on buying the F-86F day 1, and the Cobra if/when it comes out.

I like DCS. I like Belsimtek products. I have a considerable amount of time and money tied up in software and hardware for this game - and I don't regret it one whit. But, as much as I like it, and as much time as I sink into it, you'd be a fool if you don't recognize that the DCS platform has some issues, that Belsimtek products come out of beta sloowly, you'd be fanatic if you wouldn't even allow dissenting opinions to be voiced, and you'd be pretty immature if your immediate reaction was that anyone who didn't agree with you was automatically wrong.

Lets try not to be those things, hmm?

hmm.. this is going to be moderated to chit-chat I can imagine.

Lately I have battled bugs and formulated workarounds to get DCS behave as I like and I have to say that was an interesting task and often frustating. But I still see the sun through a forest of bugs and WIP's in DCS.

Thats the reason why I don't post things (in the appropriate subforum) as:

It would be helpfull to make some _G net table functions accessible, like unique client id. (without fiddling with main.lua server file)

Or bugs like staticObjects can't be nil. Sound not prop. working. setTask breaking waypoints. And I see others posted interesting bugs. DCS could "unniche" itself, if not many bugs seem like ignored or set aside as WIP. Please "reprogram" external communication, then Crowdsourcing could make DCS grow and be better then great.

But now I did just to see if cz_jc method helps...

:music_whistling:

Interesting standpoint ... but tbh, I only read here "I found some unique bugs ... but I keep them to myself."

Surely this will help...

Edited by SkateZilla

DCS is amazing compared to FSX. What's there to complain about? It's super fast and bug free by comparison. This is a very exciting time for DCS, with all the third party projects and the new map on the horizon. Some people just can't be happy.

You know - people are allowed to not like the state of projects, or products. That doesn't make them idiots.

I say that as someone who owns both the Mi-8 and the Huey, and plans on buying the F-86F day 1, and the Cobra if/when it comes out.

I like DCS. I like Belsimtek products. I have a considerable amount of time and money tied up in software and hardware for this game - and I don't regret it one whit. But, as much as I like it, and as much time as I sink into it, you'd be a fool if you don't recognize that the DCS platform has some issues, that Belsimtek products come out of beta sloowly, you'd be fanatic if you wouldn't even allow dissenting opinions to be voiced, and you'd be pretty immature if your immediate reaction was that anyone who didn't agree with you was automatically wrong.

Lets try not to be those things, hmm?

I would go even further as to point out that this forum is the only means of customer support for a Belsimtek customer and they don't respond anywhere AFAIK anymore. I, as a customer, am sick of it. I won't buy anything from Belsimtek again unless they start getting their products into shape instead of hurling out below ED quality modules as fast as they can make them.

If this is their desired level of quality then fine. But I personally am having no more of it.

I would go even further as to point out that this forum is the only means of customer support for a Belsimtek customer and they don't respond anywhere AFAIK anymore. I, as a customer, am sick of it. I won't buy anything from Belsimtek again unless they start getting their products into shape instead of hurling out below ED quality modules as fast as they can make them.

If this is their desired level of quality then fine. But I personally am having no more of it.

What's so "below ED quality" about them?

With their two modules Belsimtek prove us that it's one great team, the quality of these products are very professional and awesome.

By the past and during many years I've flying with FSX but this simulator have too much problems, with DCS I have not problems and for me it's a real proof of quality.

All the modules are incrdible and better than FSX...

I can buy any future products from DCS / BST or Leatherneck without problem (with closed eyes), I want the best and for me the best he's DCS.

The price of DCS module is not very expensive when I look at all the hours that I spend with this simulator, for me it's easy: Since I use DCS I've remove all the games from my PC, all my other simulators are remove from my HDD and few game are finish to trash.

Just DCS, only DCS...

When I launch my PC it's just for used DCS, for my other activity I use my laptop...

But you know it's just my vision of flight simulation's PC.

Byen Skull.

I can't wait for the Sabre, sitting here ready to buy....... I have long hopes the f-4 wil be the next fixed wing :P

totally agree, unfortunately with your loooong hopes as well

f-4 phantom radar is "too" complex so i think we need to wait

maybe after they released the f-18 hornet

sign-pic4.jpg