Look what our Russian friends found

Vintovka

From the link inpost #1:

"Performance dynamics that closely match the flight envelope of the real aircraft, including special conditions like high altitude or hot and humid operations and include all of the dynamic effects appropriate to the UH-1H"

Last I read on this forum humidity wasn´t included in the simulation of meteorological conditions, just temperature and pressure...

Is it possible that this might be another new feature to be introduced to world at some point in the future? I´m also thinking of deicing and defogging canopies. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start her cold and dark. Then when she has warmed up to me i'll gently sweep her off her feet and we slowly drift away into the blazing... wreckage?!

I already know I'm going to end up like this my first takeoff, no point in lying to myself:

uI4d5AeAi7g

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

I think the first time i'll do is crashing it somewhere :(

No doubt about it :P

But yeah, free flight to get a general look at it, just feeling that i am actually playing it and i am in the cockpit of the mighty huey, then back on studying tutorials and checklists :P

• 2 weeks later...
So, moving on, what's the first thing you guys will do when you get your hands on the module? Straight to free flight? Straight to a mission? First a tutorial?

I think I will just do a cheat startup and try to hover/get away from the airfield and crash and burn completely probably before skids get off the ground..

Cold and dark start without the manual. I'll be posting that to the YouTube of course. I already have a mission made with a lot of static objects around an airfield to practice turns around the tail and all that good stuff.

I'll probably put together a basic YouTube tutorial and explain some of the physics too. I know there are training missions, but I think I can bring a lot more to the table than the cookie cutter training missions.

• Like 1

NSDQ

Cold and dark start without the manual. I'll be posting that to the YouTube of course. I already have a mission made with a lot of static objects around an airfield to practice turns around the tail and all that good stuff.

I'll probably put together a basic YouTube tutorial and explain some of the physics too. I know there are training missions, but I think I can bring a lot more to the table than the cookie cutter training missions.

That's a really good thing can you make sure its alright on the frame rates looking forward to it.

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

So, moving on, what's the first thing you guys will do when you get your hands on the module? Straight to free flight? Straight to a mission? First a tutorial?

I think I will just do a cheat startup and try to hover/get away from the airfield and crash and burn completely probably before skids get off the ground..

Well I'm gonna be realistic:

1) Start the 1.2.4 update on all four of my machines with DCS World.

2) Constantly yell at my computers for not downloading faster since I have a 50 meg down connection.

3) Start the torrent download to see if that goes faster.

4) Pay and download the Huey module (see steps 1-3 for that).

5) While everything is still downloading, read Huey manual one more time.

6) Watch all Huey training videos on YouTube.

7) Get a snack.

8) Do my best Angry German kid impression and yell at computers and Verizon for not downloading faster. (

)

After everything is installed:

1) Kiss wife and kids goodbye.

2) Stock up two day supply of food and drinks in Man Cave.

3) Enter Man Cave clean shaven.

4) Spend 1-2 hour learning to cold start Huey and hover check.

5) Potty break!

6) Spend 2-4 hours learning to transition from hover to forward flight.

7) Snack time!

8) Spend the next 10-12 hours learning how to fly the Huey effectively while pumping Ride of the Valkyries on the radio.

9) Leave man cave with full beard

10) Spend time with wife and kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz3Cc7wlfkI

Edited by roiegat

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

So, moving on, what's the first thing you guys will do when you get your hands on the module?

This:

And by 'this' I do mean, I will literally fly Arnold Schwarzenegger into a jungle.

I might even chew some tobacco, cause that stuff will make me a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, you bunch of slack-jawed f.....:D