Views in 109

Why are they so different to P51?:lol:

I mean I get in cockpit and when I turn my head it feels so different,like a different sim actually.Why do it this way? Its not like we turn our head differently every time we enter a different cockpit.Just feels strange and I will now need to make multiple trackir setups for each plane...WOW that is insane as the P51 took me ages.

Ok then how do I revert back to default view as I tried to change it and now its really messed up....anyone?

Edited by wolfstriked

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

Why are views for planes in different files and places.Google brings up files to change but differs from other search.

The P51 FM has been tuned to perfection IMO.This module is sadly lacking...like if they worked on the P%! but never did any changes to this and the spitfire.When I take off and pull back on stick the plane lifts and then porpoises for some reason that in the P51 this has been tuned out from the FM.

You can't really say without evidence that something's lacking. Opinions are fine, of course, but they're just opinions.

All WW2 single-engine fighters were gimmicky machines, but how hard each type really was differed wildly. If you compare, say, the Biffer and the Stang, you can expect the former to be a handful in comparison, because the landing gear track was narrow and the engine quite powerful for such a small plane. So taken this into account, how can you say something's lacking, or that the FM is immature without producing any evidence supporting your claim?

PS. And yeah, I know, I do the same myself all the time. The thing is, they're all just worthless opinions regardless of who's the claimant ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

All IMO

P51 just feels like it was tuned more than the others.I flew it upon release yrs back and its changed alot for the better.No more taking off and porpoising for a good bit.What planes do you see take off and then nose up and down as pilot tries to follow the severe nose down/up cycle?It still happens in the other planes.The zoom level has been tuned so you cant pull out to ridiculous levels and this alone to me makes it feel more polished.

I remember reading here that the devs took on a pilot with lots experience in WW2 planes and he has them changing the physics to allow us desk pilots a fighting chance.People complaining that they are dumbing down the planes under this guidance but the argument is that in real plane the stick,rudder and seat of your pants make handling the plane a lot easier than we have in sim. If you have any idea what I am talking about could you point me to the article about that?

Porpoising? I do see some while retracting the gear and the flaps, but that, IMO, is to be expected while they're in transit inwards; other than that however, there's nothing untoward happening as far as I can tell. And yes, to make the machines overtly stable would be dumbing them down, so am not supporting that either. Agree to disagree then, eh?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Isn't porpoising a pilot induced oscillation? Maybe your controls should be better set, using curves or something to achieve a better handling.

The 109 has a tendency to nose upwards, but that's mostly a torque effect. It is worst if you're flying high boost, low airspeed, radiators manually opened. Get rid of those and you'll be fly straight and stable most of the time without fighting the controls (hence no porpoising).

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Isn't porpoising a pilot induced oscillation? Maybe your controls should be better set, using curves or something to achieve a better handling.

The 109 has a tendency to nose upwards, but that's mostly a torque effect. It is worst if you're flying high boost, low airspeed, radiators manually opened. Get rid of those and you'll be fly straight and stable most of the time without fighting the controls (hence no porpoising).

S!

That sounds suspiciously like 'Learn to fly the bloody thing!' :joystick:

That sounds suspiciously like 'Learn to fly the bloody thing!' :joystick:
Which is a good thing to start with, by the way. But I just meant if porpoising is a PIO by definition may well be he have to check his controls settings to get a better suited one for him and his actual controls. Just that.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I am alright in controls as I have a warbrd.Ok I am trying to learn the plane but the view just gets me every time.I turn off trackir,center the view to where it looks best for me and press RightCTRL+NUMpad0 and when I turn trackir back on it reverts right back to where it was before.

Also,when you turn your head at a certain point it moves sideways by itself to look around the seat.I rather lean left and right myself to view around the obstacle but since it already does this you cant lean when looking backwards.Is there a way to change the head implementation so its just normal like the P51?

Thanks fellas....

I too have massive problems with the 109 view. It's like a lottery when turning your head back and forth. I gave up, DCS WWII is dead anyway. Every Normandy server is empty, Burning Skies is like the groundhog day ...

In the P 51 I can now stick my head through the canopy glass, breathtaking !

I am alright in controls as I have a warbrd.Ok I am trying to learn the plane but the view just gets me every time.I turn off trackir,center the view to where it looks best for me and press RightCTRL+NUMpad0 and when I turn trackir back on it reverts right back to where it was before.

Also,when you turn your head at a certain point it moves sideways by itself to look around the seat.I rather lean left and right myself to view around the obstacle but since it already does this you cant lean when looking backwards.Is there a way to change the head implementation so its just normal like the P51?

Thanks fellas....

YES.. The view in the Bf is just.. rubbish. Turning your head in TrackIR left or right, will bang your virtual head against the lateral windows.. just stupido.. When you're looking backwards, it gets even worse. Rubbish.. pure rubbish..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I too have massive problems with the 109 view. It's like a lottery when turning your head back and forth. I gave up, DCS WWII is dead anyway. Every Normandy server is empty, Burning Skies is like the groundhog day ...

+1

If you mean the awkward way your head/neck 'twists' when looking backward then you can fix it by moving your seat position (not FOV) an inch or so forward.

Try it - it makes a huge difference! I think the devs were trying to be helpful because of the armoured head-rest but in practice it's a nightmare.

Its rude to change something if some people like it though.But if its possible to have all head movements across all planes be the same I personally would very appreciate it.