Free Map

Ercoupe

Is the free map, actually, for WWll or modern combat?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Both ??

Hmmmmm

Hard to guess where exactly the location is

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Could Hawai AND midway go onto one single map, or would the area be to big?

Some time ago, Wags said, that the upcoming map, would be his dream region to fly through in real life, which makes me think of Hawai...

Edited by twistking

gIZDbKy.jpg

Maybe, but, there's not a whole lot of terrain. And if its the size of the detailed terrain area that's the limiting factor it could be possible.

If I had to make a guess, WWII wise, somewhere more towards Oceania would make more sense or somewhere near the south china sea.

edit:

tbh the south china sea region is not as big as I thought:

MRfy6uf.jpg

Edited by nighthawk2174

thanks for the map. how did you do the size overlays?

well, hawai and midway makes less sense than i thought, now i see the distance. for wwii the distance is way too big and even for modern scenarios it's a bit much... sadly...

Is there a real Christmas gift from ED on December 25?
We all hope so

It's safe to say, that they won't drop another content patch, after last weeks push, especially now with most of their team going into winter holidays.

Let's hope for a reveal though. There is so much content on the backlog (weather, assets, maps obviously and some unannounced features), that it'd make for a very beefy newletter with the possibility of some big reveals...

To be honest, i'd be really dissapointed if the next newsletter would not come with the free map reveal and some other long awaited informations...

It's safe to say, that they won't drop another content patch, after last weeks push, especially now with most of their team going into winter holidays.

Let's hope for a reveal though. There is so much content on the backlog (weather, assets, maps obviously and some unannounced features), that it'd make for a very beefy newletter with the possibility of some big reveals...

To be honest, i'd be really dissapointed if the next newsletter would not come with the free map reveal and some other long awaited informations...

Be aware that we were told last week that the ED team, being mostly based in Russia, don't start their winter break until the end of the month.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting anything, but it is possible that we'll get another patch next week.

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

What gift?

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

Some time ago, on this thread or another one where a lot of suggestions were made by community members, Wags intervened and told that he didn't read the right answer. Hawaï and Korea were among these suggestions so I suppose we can forget these theaters as the next free map.

Guadalcanal would be great for a WWII context but it would not fit a modern era. Guam was a strategic position that saw combat in 1941 and 1944 during WWII and still has significance today. The Mariana Islands could be a good candidate.

My most anticipated theater would be Taiwan ; the island serves perfectly all the scenarios. In WWII when the Island was called Formose and nowadays as a growing possible flashpoint between US and China. Taiwan operates Mirage 2000, F-5, F-16, a growing number of US hardware and will welcome US warships in its ports. On the opposite side we have a J-11, a JF-17, the China Asset Pack with more and more hardware added to it. I do realize there is virtually zero chance this is the free map.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Highly doubt it; as no-one is working Christmas day; and no developer would put out such an update on this day, for fear of issues.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||