To T.16000m owners, a bit of center-play before spring loads?

So i have had my T.16000m for a bit over a year now and i have a bit of play in the centre prosition, about 1mm in each direction that seems not to be covered by the spring i guess. I only feel the pressure from the spring once i go past that 1mm. I have added a minimal deadzone, so its not a precision problem, but it kinda annoys me and feels a bit weird. Do you experience the same problem and if so, did anyone of you fixed that somehow?

Small update on this: i have opend the stick to regrease, cut the red wire to disable the green light and check out why i have this tiny but annoying bit of play/movement around the centre. The 'gimbal' (if you want to call it that :smilewink:) is pressed against the housing top-cover by a round cup which itself has a hole at the bottom through which the wiring and hall effect sensor go.

The spring presses against this cup and when the joystick is centered, this cup is supposed to touch against the housing top cover completely flat, without any play or wiggle. With my unit, this was the case, but the actual grey round gimbal (which you can see from the outside top side) had afore mentioned tiny wiggly play when the cup was in its flat cenetered position.

For testing purposes i made a very flat, small ring from photo paper and placed that inside the cup. This closes the small gap between the grey gimbal and the cup which almost completely eliminates the centre play. As a permanent solution, i'll probably sand about half a mm off the cup (though one has to somehow free that cup, probably unsoldering the wires for that).

And what do you know. Before, it was mostly this annoying feeling that the stick would always rock a bit before i felt the spring providing pressure against my movement. And i actually had to add a small deadzone of 7 in the centre position in target because every now and then it would not centre completely.

Both, the wiggly feeling and the dead zone requirement are gone...good bye target for the time being. When i make that little tweak permament i make some fotos and post em here.

Edited by sc_neo

• 3 years later...