My F-5E keeps rolling to wright ??

cronustr75

Hi there,

I'm using X-52 Pro as HOTAS. At navigation mission, I found that the F5E keeps rolling to right, I have to keep pressure to the left slightly.

I looked at the control axis and found center is a bit right. Exit the mission, exit the module restarted but it was same. Keeps rolling. Checked the cables etc.

It is normal at other modules.

What is the problem?

It only has fuel in the fuselage, which shouldn't cause any rolling maneuvers.

But it's unevenly distributed, which is why you have to use the fuel balance switch, or not?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, but the tanks are front and after, and as you say it, unevenly distributed. But that would cause a pitch momentum and not a roll one, right?

They're front and after? Oh well, I always thought they're left and right. :doh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi there,

I'm using X-52 Pro as HOTAS. At navigation mission, I found that the F5E keeps rolling to right, I have to keep pressure to the left slightly.

I looked at the control axis and found center is a bit right. Exit the mission, exit the module restarted but it was same. Keeps rolling. Checked the cables etc.

It is normal at other modules.

What is the problem?

clear category to ALL and AXIS COMMANDS to the F-5E module.

Exit

Restart system

Boot DCS

Remap ALL and AXIS COMMANDS controls to F-5E module again. Report if this solved your "rolling" tendency

from the looks of it, sounds like you have duplicate controls.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

They're front and after? Oh well, I always thought they're left and right. :doh:

They are labelled that way because they feed the left and right engines.

Physically they are forward (pipes feed the left engine) and aft (pipes feed the right engine) of each other and a fuel imbalance effects the CoG/pitch (not roll).

Note: Cross feed allows either tank to feed both engines to adjust balance but can't transfer fuel between tanks.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 6 months later...

The aileron and pitch trims are swapped. When you try to trim for pitch, it trims the roll, and vice versa. Just swap them in adjust controls. The chinese hat trim switch is also incorrect. As it moves laterally, the plane trims in pitch.

I've seen this with other planes, so I think it's DCS's sim engine.

• 2 weeks later...
Solved it, it was a trim problem.

While you trimmed it to solve the problem it could also be that your axis alignment is out.

If you go into roll axis alignment in your controls setup you might find that if the little red box which represents your joystick center is not right on the line then you need to click on that and move it over the line.

Saw this on one of the Reaper's tutorial videos for control setup.

Believe it was for the F-16.

I looked at the control axis and found center is a bit right.

In the Axis Assignment have you tried setting a deadzone? Even high-end sticks need a deadzone and the X52 is far from high-end.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

"Try to unplug it, and replug it again. That way the driver centers the stick. I had the same issue and it worked. Also, put a small dead zone."

I have to do this with my Logitech Extreme 3d Pro. Fixes the issue every time.