[CANT REPRODUCE] Crosshairs stay in isometric view

razo+r

• 6 months later...
Well... It's already 6 month since I reported it so chances that it got fixed are... plausible...

Judging from this thread, it is only on your PC. NineLine said he can't reproduce it, I can't see this in DCS (not 6 month ago, and not last week).

You may try deinstalling and reinstalling Combined Arms, from the module manager?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Judging from this thread, it is only on your PC. NineLine said he can't reproduce it, I can't see this in DCS (not 6 month ago, and not last week).

You may try deinstalling and reinstalling Combined Arms, from the module manager?

I'm not alone. Others have reported the same behaviour a while back.

I'm not alone. Others have reported the same behaviour a while back.
What I can do is checking this across DCS versions, later today. If I can reproduce it I'll post here and give a notice to ED.

If you could provide some more details, like stable or Openbeta, what vehicles you tested? How you entered the vehicle e.g. JTAC/Ground Commander/Game Master, via key command ctrl+j or click on the F10 map icon? Things like that can help to reproduce. Did you try to adjust settings in the CA special options? Anything that helps to point out the problem, is appreciated.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

So I can't reproduce this on my PC, either. Tested with both stable and openbeta (latest versions).

Tried multiple vehicles (BRDM-2, BMP-3, T-80U, M1A1, Humvee). Switching back and forth between Cockpit (F1)/Isometric and external (F7)/Isometric etc.

So if you or someone else who has this problem can give some details about settings, steps to reproduce, please.

Also have a close look, if you happen to have mods installed. I know there are quite a few vehicle mods and some gunsight tweaks around. Check if one of these may cause the problem.

Shagrat

What I can do is checking this across DCS versions, later today. If I can reproduce it I'll post here and give a notice to ED.

If you could provide some more details, like stable or Openbeta, what vehicles you tested? How you entered the vehicle e.g. JTAC/Ground Commander/Game Master, via key command ctrl+j or click on the F10 map icon? Things like that can help to reproduce. Did you try to adjust settings in the CA special options? Anything that helps to point out the problem, is appreciated.

So I can't reproduce this on my PC, either. Tested with both stable and openbeta (latest versions).

Tried multiple vehicles (BRDM-2, BMP-3, T-80U, M1A1, Humvee). Switching back and forth between Cockpit (F1)/Isometric and external (F7)/Isometric etc.

So if you or someone else who has this problem can give some details about settings, steps to reproduce, please.

Also have a close look, if you happen to have mods installed. I know there are quite a few vehicle mods and some gunsight tweaks around. Check if one of these may cause the problem.

So, again. The bug report was 6 months ago and a few people had this problem too, but it seems that this bug has been fixed in the latest versions.

So, again. The bug report was 6 months ago and a few people had this problem too, but it seems that this bug has been fixed in the latest versions.
Bug report as in "Hey, this doesn't work! Go fix it." or a real bug report with information about... say at least the DCS version you encountered?

I may sound pesky, but please keep in mind most people here, including ED staff and volunteers actually want to help make this better, but it is mostly impossible to get reliable starting points for a bug, that you neither can reproduce, nor don't have an idea where exactly to expect it.

And if you picked up on this "bug report" after 6 months, couldn't you be bothered with at least testing if it is still there?

What did you try and test in this 6 months? Did you deinstall any mods? Tested with a clean version to ensure it isn't a buggy mod?

Did you crosscheck in Openbeta/Stable Release?

Not even the time to link to the posts of other affected people?

I understand from your post only after(!) Nineline and me tried to reproduce this you checked yourself, if it is still there?

I personally do this in my precious spare time, the only time I have to enjoy DCS flying, beside having a busy day job like most of us in this community, so before resurrecting the next "bug report" just to complain that nobody took immediate action, despite even the minimum of information missing, it would be nice to test first if it still is an issue or already fixed.

Many thanks in advance...

Shagrat

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, for you I'll do it.

DCS Version: The Beta one probably that was active back then when I posted this thread.

Testing: 99% sure that I got the same setup as back then -> No mods. Tested again with latest version and it didn't happen again.

Steps to (not anymore) reproduce: Get into a vehicle and then switch to the isometric view. May need one or two attemps iirc.

Other people: Couldn't find their posts due to no time, unnecessary as this bug doesn't exist anymore and other things.

About your other written things: Minimum things are there. Time of post can lead you to the version which was active back then. System specs are also present. When it occured or in which config is also there (isometric view, one key press) and in which vehicles is also there. And if I have had mods, I probably would have written it.

And I've never complained that nobody took instant action, or where do you see any complaint here?

I personally also only do bug reports in my spare time despite being realy busy in real life... So we both can be happy that both sides exist. People who report bugs and people who acknowledge/reproduce bugs.

BUT ANYWAY. This conversation leads to nothing as this bug does not exist anymore.