IMPORTANT MiG-21bis StarForce PATCH - APRIL 2017

Dolphin887

That's a bit strange, the issue should rather affect old users of the module and not the new ones, but who knows what went wrong. Since you have almost full pool of activations, I would "sacrifice" another one to try a fast, albeit hamfisted solution - go to the very first post of this thread, download and run the deactivation batch file found there, and then reactivate the module again, but this time in 2.1.1 first.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bit strange, the issue should rather affect old users of the module and not the new ones, but who knows what went wrong. Since you have almost full pool of activations, I would "sacrifice" another one to try a fast, albeit hamfisted solution - go to the very first post of this thread, download and run the deactivation batch file found there, and then reactivate the module again, but this time in 2.1.1 first.

wait, should i care about installations left???

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Depends on how often you reinstall Windows or do a major hardware changes, both of which use up activations of all DCS modules. But just like with other modules (except payware campaigns), you get 10 of them at the beginning for the MiG and if you run out of them for any reason, the get auto-replenished at a rate of 1 per month. Actually, Leatherneck/M3 granted us some extra gift activations previously, during the periods of biggest DRM shambles.

All and all I never cared about them, 'cause I've never managed to run out of them, but it's still something to keep in mind.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Do you lose activation's if you first de-activate before making changes. I thought if you deactivate and activate after changes, then you do not lose any...?

Laz

Not sure. ED website FAQ section about activations is somewhat puzzling and inconclusive about that (plus, points "awarded" for each PC component change don't make the system easy to understand either). But I guess deactivating and then activating again after hardware change might be not a bad idea indeed.

Depends on how often you reinstall Windows or do a major hardware changes, both of which use up activations of all DCS modules. But just like with other modules (except payware campaigns), you get 10 of them at the beginning for the MiG and if you run out of them for any reason, the get auto-replenished at a rate of 1 per month. Actually, Leatherneck/M3 granted us some extra gift activations previously, during the periods of biggest DRM shambles.

All and all I never cared about them, 'cause I've never managed to run out of them, but it's still something to keep in mind.

okey thanks, i will have them in mind, i wasted a couple these day having to reinstall windows and redownload dcs.

another thing, DCS2.0 is using activations keys even if i had them activated on 1.5...

btw: i skipped the activation of the mig21 in dcs2.0 and i can use it ingame... odd. but its working.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

In theory once any module is activated in any version, its key data gets written in Windows registry and you should not need to activate it again, no matter how many copies and versions of DCS you have on your PC. That's how it usually works, although every now and then DRM algorithms for various modules tend to go bonkers. Not often, fortunately.

Anyway, if your MiG works, it works and that's what matters.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't read all 16 pages - can someone please tell me what to do IF the patch is already installed?

I fired up DCS this morning, as is always the case there was a patch. I allowed the update to go ahead, completely oblivious to this issue (an email to people who bought your product forewarning them would've been nice) and now DCS will not start AT ALL because of the Mig-21 licence issue.

So are there any ideas from the Mig-21 team?

Thank you

Search for the registry fix, it is somewhere here on the forums, I think a pdf of instructions is available for download on leatherneck website too.

It should fix your issue.

Both can be found in the first post of this very thread :).

• 5 weeks later...

"Unable to deactivate the product license due to integrity fault of the Activation Key. Only valid licenses can be deactivated." Honestly no matter what I do in regards to deactivating the MiG through pcnsl.exe I always end up at a dead end, the same message. Honestly I'm done trying to figure this out, the MiG-21 was fun while it lasted, there goes 50-60 bucks.

and yes I saw Zaelu's post

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

DCS Terrains Owned: All

PLEASE MAKE UH-60L and AH-64D!!! :pilotfly:

Before giving up you should at least try to contact LN support.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

somehow I was able to get it to work after giving it my last shot. Time to relearn this thing because its been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

DCS Terrains Owned: All

PLEASE MAKE UH-60L and AH-64D!!! :pilotfly:

• 7 months later...

see the first post of this and run the registry cleaner provided, it works, as I have used it several times

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tried it again, just in case. I get this message:

Unable to run the application due to integrity fault of the Activation Key. Re-enter a valid Activation Key or re-activate the application.

If the error recurs, click "Error report" and send the report to product technical support.

Checked my key on my profile, and it shows no problem.

• 2 months later...

Ive tried this numerous times with no luck Now I can see module there but when I go to cold start just loads into map with no plane if I press f1 does nothing everything else is fine.Any help would be appreciated.

MODULES: FC3, M2000C, L-39C/ZA, UH-1H HUEY, A-10C WARTHOG, F-86F SABRE,MIG-15, MIG-21, KA-50,Hawk,P-51 and Nevada.

Could you be so kind and attach your logs ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7