2dof Motion Reality Chair with DCS - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #1
59th_RAVENS

Reputation power: 9
59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice
Default 2dof Motion Reality Chair with DCS

So recently i purchased a 2 DOF reality seat for DCS.

I have added the Jetseat motors within the Chair for added effects.

here is a Video of a settings test, if anyone has one of these i would welcome any settings advice

Here is the written review on this chair
2 dof review.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2dof review.pdf (851.8 KB, 138 views)

i7-7700K oc at 5Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32GB DDR4 Ram | Warthog & Saitek Peddles | 2DOF Reality Platform | Custom GAMETRIX Jetseat | CV1
Our Website | Our Facebook Page | YouTube Channel

Last edited by 59th_RAVENS; 09-09-2017 at 09:58 AM.
59th_RAVENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:46 AM   #2
Magnanimous

Reputation power: 1
Magnanimous will become famous soon enoughMagnanimous will become famous soon enough

Is this thing really only $1000? It seems that the buyer provides the chair- does it come with a frame on which to mount ones peripherals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Magnanimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:55 AM   #3
59th_RAVENS

59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice59th_RAVENS is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnanimous View Post
Is this thing really only $1000? It seems that the buyer provides the chair- does it come with a frame on which to mount ones peripherals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, yer the buyer provides the chair but everything else is provided, if you wish to have an extra mount they may charge and extra $50 but so far this set up has been amazing.

I have had this for a month and no problems to date

I'm going to make a review video as not many are out there so hopefully can post one later for you

i7-7700K oc at 5Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32GB DDR4 Ram | Warthog & Saitek Peddles | 2DOF Reality Platform | Custom GAMETRIX Jetseat | CV1

Old 09-05-2017, 10:56 AM   #4
///Rage

Reputation power: 35
///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all

This looks very interesting! How do the rift sensors keep track with the chair movement?

www.51st.org
///Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:03 AM   #5
59th_RAVENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Rage View Post
This looks very interesting! How do the rift sensors keep track with the chair movement?

No problems at all. I have two sensors facing the front of the chair.

Even with one I had no problems at all.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:12 AM   #6
///Rage

Reputation power: 35
///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all

But how does it distinguish between headset movement due to the chair and your movement looking around? or is the sensor mounted to chair so chair movement is zeroed out?

www.51st.org
///Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:16 PM   #7
59th_RAVENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Rage View Post
But how does it distinguish between headset movement due to the chair and your movement looking around? or is the sensor mounted to chair so chair movement is zeroed out?
No they are in the room corners. To date I haven't noticed any issues with the chairs movement effecting the headset position.

Normally I'm moving my head so don't notice and change. Although I'm sure it will slightly move.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:31 PM   #8
Ratcatcher

Reputation power: 12
Ratcatcher has a spectacular aura aboutRatcatcher has a spectacular aura aboutRatcatcher has a spectacular aura aboutRatcatcher has a spectacular aura about

Hey Ravens, Very nice!

I'm quite interested in this so could you answer a couple of questions?

First off, how do you find the senasation of movement?

Does it take the joystick inputs from DCS and accurately translates this into movement of the rig?

How noisey is it when running?

Did you have to pay import duties? (I'm also in the UK ).

Do you know if it would take a centrally mounted joystick?

Many thanks!
Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift CV1 : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : DSD FLT1 : Win 10 64.
Ratcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:47 AM   #9
59th_RAVENS

No problems

First off, how do you find the senasation of movement?
The movement is only slight as you can see in the video BUT the sensation is very realistic, it's like starting in the rift for the first time - you will get motion sickness again

But it's a must have for vr, the Emerson is there, I tend to be aware harsh turns will be violent so I try to be as smooth as possible.

Does it take the joystick inputs from DCS and accurately translates this into movement of the rig?
Setup is tricky without a hrlp section within dcs, I'm 98% there and willing to help anyone out. But in short yes it's there (I'm going to do a full video to show this soon)

How noisey is it when running?
This is a bad point for me, the electrics box has two small fans which are set to run at a very high speed, it is noisy. I had to place resistors in the fan loop to slow them down as the speed is way to high.

The noise is now the same as a pc running.

Did you have to pay import duties? (I'm also in the UK ).
Nope nor tax l the way they shipped this was as warranty parts so it avoided these fees which is a great saver, but I advise you mention his when placing an order

Do you know if it would take a centrally mounted joystick?
Yes it will, it comes with various options for mounts, I chose the side mount as it's more comfortable for me

I hope this help but i will make a full review video shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratcatcher View Post
Hey Ravens, Very nice!

I'm quite interested in this so could you answer a couple of questions?

Many thanks!

Last edited by 59th_RAVENS; 09-07-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:22 PM   #10
Ratcatcher

Reputation power: 12
Ratcatcher has a spectacular aura aboutRatcatcher has a spectacular aura aboutRatcatcher has a spectacular aura aboutRatcatcher has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59th_RAVENS View Post
No problems
I hope this help but i will make a full review video shortly
Excellent! Many thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

I look forward to your review video!

One quick question, in describing the setup as tricky without having a "hrlp section" in DCS. Is that refering to the name of the unit?

Cheers!
Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift CV1 : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : DSD FLT1 : Win 10 64.

Last edited by Ratcatcher; 09-07-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Ratcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote