Alignment seems to be working now

ZeroReady

Is in the pocket guide.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

@seagull i agree. Hopping for a video tutorial. I cant get ins to work on a ship

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

I don't know how to enter latitude and longitude in the system properly.

1. Make sure that the INS mode selector is in the OFF position.

2. Select EHSD o the MPCD (either left or right).

3. Select DATA on the MPCD.

4. Select AC (aircraft data) on the MPCD.

press POS once to enter latitude, second time for longitude

I cant get ins to work on a ship

Ask for ground power.

Set INS to sea

wait for alignment

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

1. Make sure that the INS mode selector is in the OFF position.

2. Select EHSD o the MPCD (either left or right).

3. Select DATA on the MPCD.

4. Select AC (aircraft data) on the MPCD.

press POS once to enter latitude, second time for longitude

Ask for ground power.

Set INS to sea

wait for alignment

It's not that immediate at all for beginners. I mean, thanks to your suggestion, somehow I managed to insert lat and lon. However, according to the manual, the MVAR has to be set as well in case it is 0, but there is no information on this.

With 0 MVAR I get 'QUAL: ATT NOT OK', I guess something is missing.

http://www.magnetic-declination.com/
Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

edited my post , check the link

To whom it may concern,

This is all in the manual

Press MVAR, enter the number.

To whom it may concern,

Like the position, you have to enter east or west first then the number. So what airbase are you at?

To whom it may concern,

I guess something else has to be done in addition to pushing MVAR before entering the info. After I press any number, nothing happens.

There's a good video (in French) that shows the new alignment procedure

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Omg thank GOD for video... I entered north coordinate, then click enter, click "E" (east) button to enter East coordinates, NOTHING happens....

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Funny that it's a french guy, France never used Harrier xD

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

What is "MVAR" for? What value does the needy Harrier need there?

What is "MVAR" for? What value does the needy Harrier need there?

MVAR = Magnetic Variation = the difference between True North and Magnetic North

MVAR changes slowly with time (years) and with location

Caucasus = approx +6°

Nevada = approx +12°

Persian Gulf = approx +1.6°

There seems to be something strange when reading back the entered value:

attachment.php?attachmentid=193210&stc=1&d=1535841895

376.9° = ~6.6 radian, so perhaps there's a double conversion or something ?

Either way, it seems to be working at the moment but I can't do too much testing due to CTD's in the mission editor, etc.

764990520_AV8BMVARreadbackstrange2_5_3_21107Screen_180901_230231.jpg.bf265b0d3d228fa9b287b2bf75858825.jpg

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

376.9° = ~6.6 radian, so perhaps there's a double conversion or something ?

Are you entering MVAR on the LHA? It could be the problem.

To whom it may concern,

Very interesting, thanks Ramsay! Where did you learn about that? :)

Are you entering MVAR on the LHA? It could be the problem.

No, I'm checking the MVAR after the alignment phase i.e. 0.7 OK.

• INS Mode to IFA

• EHSD -> Data -> AC

• ODU Option 2 :MVAR

Displays a strange value i.e. MVAR E 5.9° = E 376.5 @ Batumi Parking Slot 04 (4th April 2018 )

It's likely a WIP menu option that isn't working (I was hoping to read the Current MVAR as determined by the AV-8B and compare it to my initial entry)

Note: The EHSD delays displaying entered MVAR values, so after entering E 6.0°, the EHSD will still show the old value i.e. MVAR = E 0°, until the page is refreshed i.e. by switching to the menu and back.