Release of new Virtual Panel v.1.2.1! - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-13-2007, 08:50 PM   #111
DickDastardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeslaTrooper View Post
but the touchbuddy doesnt respond...I mean it doesnt display data, in the cockpit view,all images and counters stay the same...Any clue?
Check your touchbuddy.cfg file and make sure you've added the appropriate IP address in the "client stuff" section, and edited the "lomac_data_file =" line in the "Active plugins" section. That last one tripped me up when I first installed TB.
Cheers,
DD
DickDastardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #112
TeslaTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDastardly View Post
Check your touchbuddy.cfg file - and make sure you've added the appropriate IP address in the "client stuff" section, and edited the "lomac_data_file =" line in the "Active plugins" section. That last one tripped me up when I first installed TB.
Cheers,
DD

thanks for the fast answer but i forgot something to mention in my previous post, im running local on my machine, i dont have a second pc,

Is there anything needed to change in my configuration files?

And big thanks and appreciation towards Zorlac, for creating this wonderfull tool and to DickDastardly for his amazing looking profile....

I bet this is only just the beginning, we have only seen the top of the mountain

oh and thanks to the guy wo made the VP, cant forget that guy

Last edited by TeslaTrooper; 04-13-2007 at 08:57 PM.
TeslaTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:59 PM   #113
DickDastardly

Quote:
thanks for the fast answer but i forgot something to mention in my previous post, im running local on my machine, i dont have a second pc
In that case, don't worry about the "client stuff" section, iirc by default it's set up correctly for running locally. You will need to edit the "lomac_data_file =" line, though, to enable TB to get the exported data from LOMAC.
Cheers,
DD
Old 04-13-2007, 09:08 PM   #114
zorlac

I set the "lomac_data_file =" line to point at a dummy file in the TB directory so it would show something when people first start it. I did forget to think about that as a possible problem... sorry!
zorlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #115
TeslaTrooper

This is AWESOME

I havent seen any radar contacts yet, but my load out appears and i was like OMG

do radar contacts work with all planes? and do they show ground targets?
I quickly flow the A-10 mission you can start from the main menu,

OMG this is great
TeslaTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:23 PM   #116
DickDastardly

Quote:
I havent seen any radar contacts yet, but my load out appears and i was like OMG

I quickly flow the A-10 mission you can start from the main menu,

OMG this is great
Yep the TEWS works for all planes and displays all types of target. If you fly the F-15 mission from the main menu you should pick up a MIG-29 on it almost immediately.
Cheers,
DD
Old 04-13-2007, 09:29 PM   #117
zorlac

Quote:
The TEWs is not a radar screen, it is a radar *receiver* display, and will only show you the direction and relative signal strength of objects that are emiting a radar signal. Unless an object is scanning with its radar (air/ground/sea), you will not see it on the TEWS display.

I am away tomorrow, and possibly into Sunday, but I think I might be able to find a few tricks to add to the profile that will help
Old 04-13-2007, 09:38 PM   #118
DickDastardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorlac View Post
I am away tomorrow, and possibly into Sunday, but I think I might be able to find a few tricks to add to the profile that will help
Sounds great, can't wait to see what you and Mnemonic come up with next.
Cheers,
DD
Old 04-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #119
zorlac

actually, we havent actually worked together yet This was a quick "kludge" to get the two applications working happliy on the same system.

When I finally get the enthusiasm to start coding on TB again*, I am sure we will work a lot closer to make sure things work better (or at least I am hoping we can work closer).

(* Am kind of burned out on TB at the moment. I`m not abandoining it, i fully intend to carry on development, but after the last release, and the long period coding for it, I want to leave it alone for a while. Ideas are still going on in my head, but none have really got to the point where I absolutely need to get them coded right now )
Old 04-13-2007, 10:18 PM   #120
DickDastardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorlac View Post
Am kind of burned out on TB at the moment. I`m not abandoining it, i fully intend to carry on development, but after the last release, and the long period coding for it, I want to leave it alone for a while. Ideas are still going on in my head, but none have really got to the point where I absolutely need to get them coded right now )
Why not take a break from TB coding by getting cracking on some more active plugins instead? A change is as good as a rest, as they say. Mmmmm radars, Russian RWR, A-10 style TEWS, Autopilot indicator lights.....<pauses to wipe drool from monitor>
Cheers,
DD