INS unaligned help

Mukai92

Hey I'm trying to align my INS by following the video here

(thanks for the guide btw, very easy to follow)

However once I get to the stage of inputting coordinates, I type in N 421090 for example and click ENT on the UFC, and nothing happens, where as in the video that shows up in the MFCD, same happens for all other inputs incl magnetic deviation.

So on the off chance that they were just not displaying for some reason I continued the process and go to GND align and it says Not OK (to be expected) but the time stays at 00:00, and every second it flashes instead. So i speed up time and it never changes from displaying 'not ok'

Is anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I'm on the current beta build.

After you entered the first coord, you have to press POS again to enter the second one.

Once the 2 datas have been entered you turn the INS on GROUND.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Yeah I do that, I press POS, type in North coordinates (after pressing 2 for north) and press ENT. Then press POS again and type in East coordinates (after pressing 6 for East) and press ENT. Then in put magnetic info. However on the MFCD the Long and lat remains at N 00,00,00 and E 000,00,00. Putting it into INS ground at this point the clock stays at 00:00 and doesn't move

When you press the POS, press it until the UFC shows the coords with two leading zeroes (for the N coords). For the E, cycle until it shows with 3 leading zeroes. When you enter the E coords, enter with a leading zero, like 041.

I experienced the same. The thing I realized was that Harrier accepts inputs only in this format : XXX deg YY min ZZ sec and not XXX deg YY.ZZ min. So, if I read on the map N 42 deg 15.90 min that should be something close to N 42 deg 15 min 50 sec. Then you will see on the MFD N 42 15.90 or something very close to it.

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

I experienced the same. The thing I realized was that Harrier accepts inputs only in this format : XXX deg YY min ZZ sec and not XXX deg YY.ZZ min. So, if I read on the map N 42 deg 15.90 min that should be something close to N 42 deg 15 min 50 sec. Then you will see on the MFD N 42 15.90 or something very close to it.

This was exactly it, for some reason long ago I set up my coordinates as 'Long, Lat, deg', however if you input these coordinates the Harrier will not accept them. Changing in the options menu to 'Long Lat' worked perfectly!! Thanks for the heads up! :)

Just so you know. If the info bar is available on screen (with cntl y for me, but it changes for different people) you can can't the coordinates it displays with alt Y. Also works in the F10 map (but you have to move the mouse to see it change in F10)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 1 year later...

After setup an E/W N/S POS, you should next setup the map variation. Press MVAR then print E 06.2 value then press MVAR again. And then ENT. After that you can start algin with no issues. :)

Edited by Enpassant