How to make a quick mission for the TF-51D?

harf4ng

Hi,

I know this is the P51-D forum, but I do not own the plane yet, and just wanted to check out how I can evade another WW2 plane, as I'll not be able to shoot back...

So, first my question, is it possible to have as AI opponent a plane we do not own, like a german 109 or 190?

Then, I cannot use the quick mission generator, as it usually puts me with modern planes I have no chance against.

So, now, how do I create an easy mission like a dogfight with another WW2 plane?

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Keep in mind, however, that AI planes use simplified flight models, so You're always going to be at some disadvantage, having to manage Your plane more carefully.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Pfft cheaters :) Too bad they do not have the same need as we do...

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Their simple flight model paired with their amazing gunnery skills should prepare you well for flying the P-51 on line :)

Remember that The TF-51 is quite a bit lighter than the P-51D because it doesn't have the guns and armor among other things. 100% gun ammo and 40% fuel is around 9000 lbs at takeoff iirc.

There is a virtual aerobatic server that has the P & TF-51 as well as the 190 and 109. You could always hop in there and "practice" flying against people.