A lot of new pledge options.

OB1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks that helped clear things up somewhat for me this morning, have now increased my pledge.

Sorry. I wrote a much more detailed post but I deleted it by mistake before posting. :doh: It was late and I was too drunk and just gave up.:lol:

You were talking about $150-$200 range.

@ $150 you have two options.

both give you all flyable planes, spiral-bound copy of a complete aircraft manual for the plane of your choice.

- The first one (DCS World tier 4 has two copies of DCSFW-190 D9 and two copies of DCS P-51. One for you one for a friend. You'll get to fly this in dcs world as soon as kickstarter is completed or in the case of the D9 when it's released.

- second one doesn't give you the DCS planes. You'll still get them, but only when the DCS WW2 Europe is released, but you get historical manuals for two planes and tactics manual.

@ $160 you get everything at first $150 pledge plus DCS WW2 Europe ALPHA access ( just for yourself)

@ $170 you get everything at @ $160 plus an extra ALPHA access to give away. So you and your friend can play the alpha from the start.

The $200 pledge is more confusing because it mentions "everything in the previous pledge" plus mention in the credits of the game plus custom T-shirt, but I don't know if the "previous level" means the new $170 pledge or the old $150 pledge (that one didn't have alpha access or keys for DCS planes from the start). I think he means the new $170 pledge when he says "previous level", but i'm not sure.

Hope this helps.

Edited by jawzzy

NZXT-Phantom820; Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master:Ryzen 3950x Corsair H150i;AORUS GTX 1080 Ti 11G; 32GB(2x16)G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz(16-16-16-36); Aorus PCIe Gen4 m.2 NMVe 2TB SSD;Samsung EvoPlusM.2NMVe 1TB SSD;Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD: Coolermaster 1200W psu; CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45

Win10 64bit

Sorry. I wrote a much more detailed post but I deleted it by mistake before posting. :doh: It was late and I was too drunk and just gave up.:lol:

both give you all flyable planes, spiral-bound copy of a complete aircraft manual for the plane of your choice.

- The first one (DCS World tier 4 has two copies of DCSFW-190 D9 and two copies of DCS P-51. One for you one for a friend. You'll get to fly this in dcs world as soon as kickstarter is completed or in the case of the D9 when it's released.

- second one doesn't give you the DCS planes. You'll still get them, but only when the DCS WW2 Europe is released, but you get historical manuals for two planes and tactics manual.

@ $160 you get everything at first $150 pledge plus DCS WW2 Europe ALPHA access ( just for yourself)

@ $170 you get everything at @ $160 plus an extra ALPHA access to give away. So you and your friend can play the alpha from the start.

The $200 pledge is more confusing because it mentions "everything in the previous pledge" plus mention in the credits of the game plus custom T-shirt, but I don't know if the "previous level" means the new $170 pledge or the old $150 pledge (that one didn't have alpha access or keys for DCS planes from the start)

Hope this helps.

I was in the 200. pledge but up-graded that this morning. The 200. previous pledge referred to, is the original old 150.

Pretty shure this is gonna make it over the 100k line, lets just hope they make good use of the additional bucks earned between initial and strech,

because I seriously doubt this will reach 375k. That said it there was a goal lets say at 200k, I would probably up my 100$ pledge..

Well, the goals Have changed since the threads creation,but now I agree with it more than previously!

/whines like a girl

Ya ya, I'm sure it's for the better... I hope atleast. I do love the B-17, just no, (read:none, nilch, zero, zip) interest in flying it.

I totally agree with this. The B-17 is a wonderful aircraft and stunningly beautiful, but I can only see it being fun to fly with a crew of two, three or more. It's significantly less appealing if you're an antisocial, friendless introvert like me. :)

The combination of this change in strategy and the (from my perspective) really shoddy and half-thought-through Kickstarter made me cancel my $112 pledge on Thursday night...

...but then my romance and desire to see this succeed got the better of me and I re-pledged the same amount on Friday afternoon.

I retain very serious doubts and misgivings about this project's management and timelines, but I am more than happy to be proven horribly, horribly wrong in the long term. :)

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Actually, the B17 could be a wonderful plane to fly if proper AI is implemented for the empty seats, so that you have a full complement crew when flying, and you just switch between seats when needed.

Say you're flying on a bombing run... You fly there doing all the main piloting. You get attacked and you man the gunner stations to fight the baddies. When you ward off the attack, you get back in the pilot's seat and fly to the target. You switch seats and take the bombardier seat to deliver the payload.

A long mission would be pretty boring if you'd be constantly sitting in the same seat... Gunners in turrets only have work when the plane is under attack, the bombardier actually only works for the short time of the bombing run.

Also, what'd be really awesome: an opportunity to stand up from the pilot's seat and walk around the airplane unhindered, check systems, take a seat in one of the other stations etc... I guess I've been spoiled by Star Citizen's approach to multicrew vessels.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

The $200 pledge is more confusing because it mentions "everything in the previous pledge" plus mention in the credits of the game plus custom T-shirt, but I don't know if the "previous level" means the new $170 pledge or the old $150 pledge (that one didn't have alpha access or keys for DCS planes from the start). I think he means the new $170 pledge when he says "previous level", but i'm not sure.

Hope this helps.

Yes indeed , it helps a bunch! Thanks for taking the time to type all of this out!

I upped mine to 150, and elected to go with the second 150 dollar option. I already have the P-51 now, and as far as the FW190, I will be flying on the Allied side so probably would not be flying it much anyway, just trying to shoot it down I guess...

Thanks again,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

well, my ADD kicked in a blast - i see ton of pledging options but i don't get which one is supposed to peek my interest. sorry for the inconvenience but can anyone explain what pledge is the "yeah! thats the stuff!" , because they all look the same to me. mustang i already own, alfa or gift planes i don't care for (as i rather see more finished product and don't have friends playing DCS )

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

I'd say that the $85 level is probably a good one as you'll get the FW-190 once ED release that into beta in DCS World.

Can you please explain how that one makes more sence then just buying the FW for 50$ whenever it gets released ?. there has to be some sort of incentive of substance to pledge (like in SC ) but i seem to be missing it.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

The incentive is that you're helping to get a game you're interested in made with the other $35. Or you can just wait until next Sept and get your 3 free flyables and buy the FW190 when it's released. From a purely economic point of view that's the way to go but if you feel like chipping in to the KS given how much entertainment you'll get from DCS WW2 then $35 doesn't seem like much of a stretch. All up to you.

I'd say that the $85 level is probably a good one as you'll get the FW-190 once ED release that into beta in DCS World.

Agree - that's the one I have selected. And then it seems impossible to just pledge 85 and skip the T-shirt mail costs so 85 becomes 97 :)

Or is there a way to skip the T-shirt? I would rather let the team have those last few bucks instead as I'm not interested in a T-shirt anyway...

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD