Lost all control profiles

Hi i haven't flown for a few weeks and jumped on today, updated and then went to go fly and every single one of my controller profiles are completely gone. All 25 of my aircraft modules are going to have to be redone all over again from scratch. Can anyone tell me what could of caused this as i was under the impression that controller profiles don't get deleted with an update. I recently built a new PC a couple of months ago and redid all my profiles from scratch then with a fresh install of DCS .Suffice to say it took me about a week solid to do. I had done about 23 of my aircraft and was going to save them onto a thumb drive when finished and now this. Any help would be greatly Appreciated .

Cheers

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

Your controller profiles are in Saved Games Input folder. You should periodically backup this file on an external drive or whatever so you can copy/paste them in situations such as you’re describing. Maybe you have that file preserved on your old rig.

EDIT; originally missed your thumb drive comment. Didn’t mean to state the obvious.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Thank you for the Reply Chic

If only i had saved them. Still lost on what caused it though.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you switched from stable to open beta or vice versa?

Have you checked the folders in your "C:\Users\YOURUSENAME\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input" folder? Are the files still there?

Maybe Windows changed the IDs of your controllers, then DCS wouldn't load them. You would have to find out the new IDs and rename the files accordingly.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Hi thanks for the reply but i have been slowly re binding them all( AND SAVING AS I GO!!!! ).I didn't move from stable to open beta or vice versa.One thing i did notice though was that when i bound a modifier on my HOTAS (always used the same button on ch throttle) it used to be called button four and now it shows up as button sixteen.I don't know whats that's about.But Again thanks for the reply Cheers ...

• 3 weeks later...

Kinda undirectly related problem but we noticed (me and friends) that if you do your binding for an aircraft (we tried 2 ) from the menu, without launching a mission, the binding are all gone and lost when you either start a mission or restart game.

They're only saved when within a mission (solo or MP).

Kinda undirectly related problem but we noticed (me and friends) that if you do your binding for an aircraft (we tried 2 ) from the menu, without launching a mission, the binding are all gone and lost when you either start a mission or restart game.

They're only saved when within a mission (solo or MP).

Yup, I always momentarily launch a single player mission if I make changes to make certain it gets to Saved Games.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS