[MISSING TRACK FILE] CVN Tacan/ICLS just shuts off randomly

IceFire

In multiplayer we're having severe issues with the boat's TACAN/ICLS.

Every time we take it out, without fail the TACAN/ICLS will just quit at some random time during the mission. Either it loads in this way, waits 5 minutes, or an hour.. It will happen, It really does hamper any sort of carrier ops that are not perfect weather and visibility. This has been an issue for at least several updates.

I'll try to get some track files as well.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

Ours never reaches the first waypoint.

I have quite a few pilots, well over 50, this has happened to every one of us.

It's very random, sometimes only a few people can't get the tacan/icls and they must restart and get new birds, or it does not work for anyone.

This happens on our dedicated server with a 24-hour mission and/or missions that last under an hour.

No matter what mission it is or who makes it or who hosts it, it's a sure thing that it will occur at some point during the run.

I will try adding the tacan/icls freq waypoint option to the #1 waypoint as well not just the start and see what that does.

Thanks for the tip Arkroyal.

Edited by IceFire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Same thing (loosing icls/tacan) happened to a friend of mine last night. We were both kinda suspecting Stennis turned such equipment off as it was under attack. No clue if such AI is actually implemented, though, or if it is a random bug. Carrier strip was also not lit up (full moon over PG)

#Edit: our carrier is stationary

I'd be happy to give you track files but your gonna have to download them from a separate link. I can only post a 5mb file here and these are larger.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxri8mt8ly28gct/particlemanCaseIII_notach.zip?dl=1

Edited by IceFire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Ours never reaches the first waypoint.

I will try adding the tacan/icls freq waypoint option to the #1 waypoint as well not just the start and see what that does.

Thanks for the tip Arkroyal.

Oh yea and of course; make sure the space between waypoints is close enough for it to activate before the tacan shuts down.

the Carrier's box pattern that I use on my missions tend to be short..

and like I said; I can't be 100% scientifically sure, just a placebo effect as mentioned probably.

It happened to me too in MP (server mission: vJAG_GroundAttack_Caucasus_2.5.2.4.2).

During CASE I landing on last turn to finale, tacan and icls stopped suddenly.

I have a track but it's 85Mo/1hour and at the very end...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

• 3 months later...

track file

Issue still exist witrh anchored ships. With two Stennis: 74X and 70X

(At the end of the track you will see a beautiful landing to trees rather than the played landing to Batumi. Catapult inaccurancy. The neutral Batumi not lit up runway!!!)

BATTLEFIELD_CAUCASUS_v2.4.1-20190114-025956-shipstacanoff_airdromedark_8hstartMAY.trk

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tNk07fP8ntwBUcDFpsRlqLXVwSZV-Yad

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

• 7 months later...