Leatherneck Simulations Mini-Update - SEPTEMBER 2015

Cobra847

I think I will skip the christmas three and get me a Leatherneck three this year instead. Haven't been this exited since i was a child. Im getting more and more into the Mig and I must say its just a awesome piece of work!

Good job!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro - Asus Z370 Prime A - i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz - 32 GB DDR4 - Nvidia GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift CV1 - HOTAS Warthog - CH Pro Pedals

Puukko - Kossu - HK Sininen Lenkki

Sorry to be a kill joy LN but i found your two new aircraft, one which is the F-4 but the other i dont know:

Source, their backgrounds on their site:

http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Contact_Background4.jpg - The F-4

WW2 Diver - http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Contact_Background9.jpg�

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Sorry to be a kill joy LN but i found your two new aircraft, one which is the F-4 but the other i dont know:

Source, their backgrounds on their site:

http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Contact_Background4.jpg - The F-4

WW2 Diver - http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Contact_Background9.jpg�

There is also F-6 Hellcat and sometimes P-38 on their website. This proofs they like these planes and so far nothing more.

They include, but are not limited to for example;

• Ground Mapping and Targeting Radar

• Complex missiles with Advanced Targeting Parameters

• Custom shaders for enhanced visual fidelity (e.g. CRT Screen representation)

• Unique visual features (In-pilot customization, etc.)

• New audio cues and enhanced fidelity

• Far more complex avionic and computer systems than in the MiG-21

• New and unique PFM features and aerodynamic configurations

• New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution

My first thought when reading this list was "Harrier", but then someone mentioned the Viggen, and that seems to fit as well. Both would be really interesting additions to DCS in my opinion, so I'll take either :)

But then again, Leatherneck might still surprise us one way or another.

Nice update. Not as small as the title suggested.

Really really really hope for the Viggen! A dream would come true. All other planes is "meh" for me...(well the F-14 is not meh... :-) )

ASUS Z370, i7 8086K @ 5,2 Ghz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080, 16GB Ram, TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudders, 25" 1440p monitor, Oculus Rift

Great update, thanks! It seems you've had a busy summer. Looking forward to try the chute for spin recovey. :D

Is the performance (FPS) going to be improved?

The manual for one of our upcoming aircraft currently weighs in at around 350-400 pages; making it one of the thickest DCS manuals to date.

The next aircraft will be a space shuttle. :music_whistling:

One of the aircrafts will be part of a bigger project... Is DCS WWII is going to the pacific??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

One of the aircrafts will be part of a bigger project... Is DCS WWII is going to the pacific??

Official WW2 scenario will be Normandia.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

They include, but are not limited to for example;

• Ground Mapping and Targeting Radar

• Complex missiles with Advanced Targeting Parameters

• Custom shaders for enhanced visual fidelity (e.g. CRT Screen representation)

• Unique visual features (In-pilot customization, etc.)

• New audio cues and enhanced fidelity

• Far more complex avionic and computer systems than in the MiG-21

• New and unique PFM features and aerodynamic configurations

• New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution

The manual for one of our upcoming aircraft currently weighs in at around 350-400 pages; making it one of the thickest DCS manuals to date.

Lots of fun, detailed reading for you all – but also nicely illustrates the complexity of our roadmap.

The point that is most interesting for me is the

"New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution"

Its not completly Obvious.

It could be the Reverse Thrust Feature for the Saab 37 Viggen.

Since thats pretty well describes reverse thrust as it distributes the thrust of the engine in order to break and reverse / manuver on the ground.

and reverse thrust is also something no aircraft (playable aircraft) has in the game atm so its not been modeld in dcs before.

Another obvious popetial aircraft could be a harrier due to the unique methods of propulsion/force distribution.

But my guess would be the Saab 37.

Together with the Air-Ground Radar and CRT Screens aswell as "unique" aerodynamic configuration.

MY BODY IS READY FOR THE INFORMATION AND PICTURES. Not only is my body ready but so is my wallet!:pilotfly::thumbup::book::doh:

~C. Wyatt

I fly anything that without engine(s), it falls like a brick... and well everything else will too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A guess would be that they are trying to build hype, the F-14 would be a smash hit no matter what becouse of Top Gun and its many fans across the world, but them not announcing what what the other two aircrafts has made atleast everybody that i know that plays DCS talking about what it might be and it seems like the speculation threads on here is some of the most active threads on the DCS forums as a whole at the moment.

I guess that makes sense. Reverse psychology marketing. I like it....:thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.