Interview with Leatherneck Studios

Count Sessine

Regardless of what is made, I hope it will be a good opponent for the MiG-21. My hope was for the F-5, but that clearly isn't next on the list. Given the hints, I'd say the F-14. The F-100 looks rather sexy though. Go ahead, stone me for the heresy. I think it's a good looking warbird.

Edit: The F-14 would make a whole lot of sense. Iranian F-14's vs Iraqi MiG-21's would be a blast. Was hoping for that scenario with the F-5, but the F-14 works just as well.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice find Slip..........

A worrying question I have though..are they still working on the MiG-21 bug fixes, improvements etc? The MiG-21 was taken off the VA server recently :( due to excessive load times and stuttering, also there seems to be an AoA/drag calculation bug somewhere (see the post here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=131322 )

Hope they don't move on to pastures new too quickly!!

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Check Cobra's avatar and look at this pic again. :O

VF101-CAGlast-F-14D-163414.jpg

I was searching for that one, many thanks :D

tZOS8.gif

Tomcat? Nic please take this:

Monitor%20and%20Money%20iStock_000003972855XSmall-resized-600.jpg

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

Nothing confirmed, but when has that ever stopped this place from loosing their minds before :)

Indeed. And I'll agree with a post Cobra made back in July - the F14 is a behemoth of a complex aircraft. However, this may fall in lines with ED rolling out dual cockpit support ;)

He also mentioned FC quality back then, when it happens I pray for MiG quality!

Cobra:

I think, initially, it's more realistic to expect something in the vein of the standalone FC modules.

FC Level cockpit/systems modelling (or just beyond) with a PFM.

This, additionally, frees up development resources for the creation of an AI system to take over RIO duties.

Edited by Morgue

My guess would be Harrier (AV-8B). I seem to remember them (Leatherneck) playing around with a VTOL Mig-21...

So your guess assumes that Cobra didn't really mean this.

... it was actually not flown by the USMC. It is an aircraft you'd expect to have been; but wasn't. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

My guess would be Harrier (AV-8B). I seem to remember them (Leatherneck) playing around with a VTOL Mig-21...

You are correct sir. And from the looks of it Novak aka Dolphin887 has a good grasp of some early flight modeling. The boy is a damned genius I tell ya!! :thumbup:

EDIT: Some of his past comments are interesting....

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1939666&postcount=19

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1939702&postcount=21

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Somebody is having fun. :lol:

Yeah. Cobra is going Kool-Aid on us.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Not a bad interview, although the interviewer didn't seem as if he had many set questions really, and treated it more as a chat.

The "what would you do if you were an arms dealer..." question was sort of pointless as it didn't really have any relevence to LN's product or DCS.

Still, good to know LN are definitely sticking around and bringing us new toys in the future :)