DCS Mustang Developer Notes

EvilBivol-1

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You, good sir, would be well advised to wind your neck in a wee bit.

Conducting yourself the way you do makes the chance of a dev talking to you approach zero quite rapidly.

Besides, the pilots that were involved in the creation of the flight model do not take part in this community as far as i am aware.

You have no idea.....

You, good sir, would be well advised to wind your neck in a wee bit.
Ja you're quite right there.. I have a of a thick neck
Conducting yourself the way you do makes the chance of a dev talking to you approach zero quite rapidly.
Ja, I agree, incompetence in quite hard to swallow
Besides, the pilots that were involved in the creation of the flight model do not take part in this community as far as i am aware.
You said it ..
  • Like 1

• ED Team

I must clear the things up. I hoped that Der Fred would make an attempt to explain why the plane goes into left flick more readily than to right but I see now that we will not see this attempt.

So, I'll try.

THe most significant difference between RL P-51 and general aviation are its massive P-factor (prop yawing moment due to non-axial inflow) and the gyro moment as the plane has rotational velocity along any axis except of longitudinal.

THe most significant difference between DCS P-51 and, for example, Il-2 P-51 is modelling of P-factor. DCS carefully and truely models both transversal force and moment generated by the prop at non-axial inflow. Il-2, as one can see, does not.

Ok, now let's take a look at the effects abrupt AoA increasing generates. First of all, as the plane is raising its nose, gyro moment helps right rudder pedal to yaw right. But, in contrary, as the AoA raises it causes P-factor moment that tends to yaw the aircraft LEFT. As the plane reaches maximal AoA it always overshoots due to inertia - gyro moment goes to zero and then changes its direction as the AoA returns to balance AoA - thus helping stopping the right yawing.

It is the reason why the plane does not readily go right flick.

Anyway, at the right tight turn it can flick right as you pull too much and the plane has right yaw. It all depends on many factors, so the plane behaves different.

By the way, DCS P-51 has the inherent behaviour real P-51 has - it can recover from accelerated stalls after a flick half-roll.

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
Tell me Yo-Yo that you've have absolute experience in flying the P51 in combat ?

Can it change the physics?

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

You're talking to a Physics Major

Shame on ED for not consulting a physics student. ;)

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You're talking to a Physics Major(done that), Asm programmer, .. ect.what ever it takes.. maybe I'll cry in my next post

Actually, you will learn manners or stop posting.

Whatever you majored in does not matter. If you want to argue physics, argue the physics. If you cannot argue with facts, don't post.

Thankyou.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

hello guys.

At first, thank for the flying model in this simulator.

I ask you to excuse my bad English.

I have a question about P51 convergences.

Why so much dispersal? Is this volunteer or an error?

We know every these document I think

p5120g10.jpg

p5120h10.jpg

Why do not use this in the file "aircraft_guns.lua" ?

aircraft_guns("P_51D",

--left wing

gun_mount("M_2_L1", { count = 270 },{muzzle_pos = {-0.045, -0.41, -2.427}, azimuth_initial = -0.385,elevation_initial = 0.361,supply_position = {-0.724, -0.18, -3.0},

effects = {M2_heat_effect(),fire_effect(436)} } ), --outboard

gun_mount("M_2_L2", { count = 270 },{muzzle_pos = {-0.035, -0.428, -2.231}, azimuth_initial = -0.381,elevation_initial = 0.258,supply_position = {-0.724, -0.18, -3.0},

effects = {M2_heat_effect(),fire_effect(435)} } ),--center

gun_mount("M_2_L3", { count = 400 },{muzzle_pos = {-0.028, -0.447, -2.032}, azimuth_initial = -0.379,elevation_initial = 0.315,supply_position = {-0.724, -0.18, -3.0},

effects = {M2_heat_effect(),fire_effect(434)} } ), --inboard

--right wing

gun_mount("M_2_R1", { count = 400 },{muzzle_pos = {-0.028, -0.447, 2.032}, azimuth_initial = 0.379,elevation_initial = 0.315,supply_position = {-0.724, -0.18, 3.0},

effects = {M2_heat_effect(),fire_effect(433)} } ), --inboard

gun_mount("M_2_R2", { count = 270 },{muzzle_pos = {-0.035, -0.428, 2.231}, azimuth_initial = 0.381,elevation_initial = 0.258,supply_position = {-0.724, -0.18, 3.0},

effects = {M2_heat_effect(),fire_effect(432)} } ), --center

gun_mount("M_2_R3", { count = 270 },{muzzle_pos = {-0.045, -0.41, 2.427}, azimuth_initial = 0.385,elevation_initial = 0.361,supply_position = {-0.724, -0.18, 3.0},

effects = {M2_heat_effect(),fire_effect(350)} } ) --outboard

);

Thank to read me

Edited by Tintin

• ED Team
hello guys.

At first, thank for the flying model in this simulator.

I ask you to excuse my bad English.

I have a question about P51 convergences.

Why so much dispersal? Is this volunteer or an error?

We know every these document I think

p5120g10.jpg

p5120h10.jpg

Why do not use this in the file "aircraft_guns.lua" ?

aircraft_guns("P_51D",

--left wing

gun_mount("M_2_L1", { count = 270 },{muzzle_pos = {-0.045, -0.41, -2.427}, azimuth_initial = -0.385,elevation_initial = 0.361,supply_position = {-0.724, -0.18, -3.0},

effects = {M2_heat_effect(),fire_effect(436)} } ), --outboard

gun_mount("M_2_L2", { count = 270 },{muzzle_pos = {-0.035, -0.428, -2.231}, azimuth_initial = -0.381,elevation_initial = 0.258,supply_position = {-0.724, -0.18, -3.0},

effects = {M2_heat_effect(),fire_effect(435)} } ),--center

gun_mount("M_2_L3", { count = 400 },{muzzle_pos = {-0.028, -0.447, -2.032}, azimuth_initial = -0.379,elevation_initial = 0.315,supply_position = {-0.724, -0.18, -3.0},

effects = {M2_heat_effect(),fire_effect(434)} } ), --inboard

--right wing

gun_mount("M_2_R1", { count = 400 },{muzzle_pos = {-0.028, -0.447, 2.032}, azimuth_initial = 0.379,elevation_initial = 0.315,supply_position = {-0.724, -0.18, 3.0},

effects = {M2_heat_effect(),fire_effect(433)} } ), --inboard

gun_mount("M_2_R2", { count = 270 },{muzzle_pos = {-0.035, -0.428, 2.231}, azimuth_initial = 0.381,elevation_initial = 0.258,supply_position = {-0.724, -0.18, 3.0},

effects = {M2_heat_effect(),fire_effect(432)} } ), --center

gun_mount("M_2_R3", { count = 270 },{muzzle_pos = {-0.045, -0.41, 2.427}, azimuth_initial = 0.385,elevation_initial = 0.361,supply_position = {-0.724, -0.18, 3.0},

effects = {M2_heat_effect(),fire_effect(350)} } ) --outboard

);

Thank to read me

I did not understand your point. If you mean current harmonisation it is adjusted regarding the similar chart but for later D's with K-14 where the most dense distance is greater. It was made to have maximal effective fire range the new gunsight can deliver.

If you find it not convenient for you you can calculate different bore angles and use it for your own risk :) or profit.

(Yo-Yo) 1 --- (Everyone else who thinks they know what they're talking about) 0.

Yo-Yo, I know there are many more WWII planes on the horizon, but is it possible devs might be returning to the PFMs to add low-RPM modeling and smoke to start-ups?

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

• ED Team
(Yo-Yo) 1 --- (Everyone else who thinks they know what they're talking about) 0.

Yo-Yo, I know there are many more WWII planes on the horizon, but is it possible devs might be returning to the PFMs to add low-RPM modeling and smoke to start-ups?

Yes, we plan to return to it.

• ED Team
Wait. Neither WW2 has a working low-RPM model right now? At all or just for startups?

It has, but you possibly mix the model and effects. The idle rpm is not slow model - it's already general model.

It has, but you possibly mix the model and effects. The idle rpm is not slow model - it's already general model.

Please clarify what exactly is on your to-do list with regard to engine model except the said graphical effects.

Edited by Bucic

Please clarify what exactly is on your to-do list with regard to engine model except the said graphical effects.

You know how you're supposed to raise the throttle 1 inch before you start? Don't do that. Keep it at idle and start the P-51D. It starts and idles fine. No stalls, no stuttering engine, etc. That's all I mean.

It was discussed earlier and the possibility was thrown out there that they *might* return to the PFM to tweak starting behavior of engines (low-RPM). It's not something that would be required by any means to enjoy the aircraft, but I always thought it'd be cool to FEEL the merlin engine starting up a bit less... perfectly.

Yes, we plan to return to it.
:thumbup: :pilotfly: :)
Edited by KaspeR32

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --