A tale of two cursors

schurem

Hi,

I have an odd problem, and was wondering if its something on my side or a design feature. It concerns the mouse cursor.

I have a blueish cross when mousing around the cockpit. However, when I open the radio menu, the bluish cursor does not work on it. But if I move the mouse further up and to the right, a white dot appears, that does interact with the radio menu.

This is annoying. Is there a way for me to re-unite the cursors into one dot or cross to rule them all?

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Hi,

I have an odd problem, and was wondering if its something on my side or a design feature. It concerns the mouse cursor.

I have a blueish cross when mousing around the cockpit. However, when I open the radio menu, the bluish cursor does not work on it. But if I move the mouse further up and to the right, a white dot appears, that does interact with the radio menu.

This is annoying. Is there a way for me to re-unite the cursors into one dot or cross to rule them all?

I'm with you. As far as I'm aware, there is not option for this. The blue cross is some interactor in the 3D scene. The white dot it the mouse representation on any 2D screen that is displayed in VR (like Options, Radio, etc).

For radios it's somehow feasible, you just have to move the mouse to the top right, where it will eventually appear. More annoying is the acknowledgment window when someone wants to join your flight on the backseat. It takes me hours to find the mouse in this case :cry:

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

Huh.. so its a "feature" of DCS. Well in that case:

UNITE THE CURSORS EAGLE DYNAMICS! Bring unity to this schizophrenic state of things, for the love of all thats holy (and virtual!)

+1

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 2 months later...

I'll add my 2 cents.

There should be an option to use either one of them or give the option to combine them into one.

PS: Shouldn't this be posted in the whishlist?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 2 months later...
I'll add my 2 cents.

There should be an option to use either one of them or give the option to combine them into one.

PS: Shouldn't this be posted in the whishlist?

I posted this on the wish list ages ago, its a pain in the butt the way it currently is for VR