Thumbs up for transparency, ED

gavagai

Dear Customers,

We planned and announced the release of our next Open Beta on the 20th November 2019.

However, due to substantial technical issues faced in the development of certain F-16C Viper features we are compelled to move the Open Beta release to the 27th of November 2019.

It makes me very happy that you have no problem with sharing that. Other developers just go radio silent when something goes awry. I love your progress on the F-16 and I am sure it will be worth the wait.

:thumbup:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

It makes me very happy that you have no problem with sharing that. Other developers just go radio silent when something goes awry. I love your progress on the F-16 and I am sure it will be worth the wait.

I think it too, I don't understand people why are they still angry? I know, I was looking forward but why I would be angry I can wait.........

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

Indeed, In really appreciate the openness shown by ED lately! Keep it up! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

Thanks for the feedback all.

We have more news coming this week in the newsletter.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I think it too, I don't understand people why are they still angry? I know, I was looking forward but why I would be angry I can wait.........

Maybe because they gave a date por the TWS and it has been delayed ...

Given the nature of the proyect, I think it's better not giving dates for the updates, just say what they are working on for the next updates.

Some people wnat dates on advance, but the only way to do that is taking a lot of seceruty margin, and thet would delay the betas.

For me it's not a problem, I'm ok with receiveing dates and delays after, but some people expect otherwise.

ED rarely give dates and when they do they always word their intent carefully.

Some people should clarify for themselves the meaning of the words 'plan' and 'hope' and the speculative aspects that those terms infer.

As for TWS - OMG! - you poor thing. Not like Hornet drivers been waiting two years for it, or the WW2 afficianados that have been waiting nearly three for the promised Asset Pack content to be completed.

But then you're special I guess, more important than the rest of us mere mortals and you have the right to throw your toys around, hmmmm?

Given the nature of the proyect, I think it's better not giving dates for the updates, just say what they are working on for the next updates.

Some people wnat dates on advance, but the only way to do that is taking a lot of seceruty margin, and thet would delay the betas.

For me it's not a problem, I'm ok with receiveing dates and delays after, but some people expect otherwise.

The process has been trasparent from the beginning, so ED did it right.

If some people get over-excited when ED announce an update it's not an ED fault.

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

Given the nature of the proyect, I think it's better not giving dates for the updates, just say what they are working on for the next updates

I don't think ED ever said "we'll release F16's TWS <thisDay> !"

I'm pretty sure ED always words their related sentences like

"We INTEND to release <feature> with the <date> <branch> update"

and also "... everything is highly subject to change as the work progresses" or things along those lines.

So no, ED hasn't given a release date, they just informed us about their intent which in return means they are hard working on <feature> which is a great thing.

There's a massive difference there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

If some people get over-excited when ED announce an update it's not an ED fault.

I know, but that people doesn't understand arguments ... So I think is better not giving dates, you make less people angry

People are angry because it's the Internet and that's all some people do. ED should feel safe to announce a week's delay on a potentially significant patch. I work with code. Development is unpredictable at times and things might not go as planned (often don't).

We appreciate the transparency , keep at it guys. :thumbup:

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

+1, great job ED, keep up the amazing work.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Well said.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I know, but that people doesn't understand arguments ... So I think is better not giving dates, you make less people angry

Personally, I'd prefer that ED stick to their newfound openness and transparency versus caving to a small-but-vocal group of impatient people who get upset when they have to wait another week for an update to a video game.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

People are angry because it's the Internet and that's all some people do. ED should feel safe to announce a week's delay on a potentially significant patch. I work with code. Development is unpredictable at times and things might not go as planned (often don't).

We appreciate the transparency , keep at it guys. :thumbup:

No reason to announce until its in the bag. Might have learnt from pushing out an alpha F16 and yes ive heard ALL the reasons/excuses. Perhaps a cynical ploy to defuse the growing clammer for progress.

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

No reason to announce until its in the bag. Might have learnt from pushing out an alpha F16 and yes ive heard ALL the reasons/excuses. Perhaps a cynical ploy to defuse the growing clammer for progress.
Indeed, that's the alternative, ED never releasing any news until the stuff is in the game. How many people want this though? I prefer knowing what's in the pipeline.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

Indeed, that's the alternative, ED never releasing any news until the stuff is in the game. How many people want this though? I prefer knowing what's in the pipeline.

Big difference between news and a release date that clearly was not realistic. Always room for NEWS and "whats in the pipeline"

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

Big difference between news and a release date that clearly was not realistic. Always room for NEWS and "whats in the pipeline"
It was a planned date for a patch that would add additional features, not a release date. Maybe they found a last minute bug, who knows? I've done it myself at my job, as has everyone else there and I work for an organization of several thousand people. Code development is like that. Maybe they could've held off on the announcement or be more vague, but that's all.
Edited by Harker

-

But you make less people happy too.

This was me when the patch has been delayed : :badmood:

But, when I realized they did it in total trasparency with all the respect for the community, well, this made me happy. Just because they are involving us. Why all you guys are here in this forum? To get involved or just to complain? I think the first answer is the right one. :)

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net