Delayed fuse...

Decibel dB

... For the bombs

Please

Can't believe that they have still not delivered on WW2 delayed fuses yet! Surely they could have done it by now? We are still waiting for P51 and Spitfire bombs to have delayed fuses. Surely they can deliver historical delayed fuses soon, especially as the Mosquito is on the way now too. This is one of the reasons I have stopped purchasing stuff from DCS :(

All the focus that is put on fancy sophisticated fast jet weapons, yet we can't get delayed fuses for WW2.

Are you sure, still no delayed fuses?

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

• Like 1

Bell_UH-1 side.png

56RAF_Talisman said:
Can't believe that they have still not delivered on WW2 delayed fuses yet! Surely they could have done it by now? We are still waiting for P51 and Spitfire bombs to have delayed fuses. Surely they can deliver historical delayed fuses soon, especially as the Mosquito is on the way now too. This is one of the reasons I have stopped purchasing stuff from DCS 😞

All the focus that is put on fancy sophisticated fast jet weapons, yet we can't get delayed fuses for WW2.

Are you sure, still no delayed fuses?

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

They have delayed fuse for some module's like Tomcat or Hornet. It shouldn't be that difficult to do

Edited by Decibel dB

Can't believe that they have still not delivered on WW2 delayed fuses yet! Surely they could have done it by now?

There are already delayed fuzes in DCS WW2, and for as long as I've been flying DCS (since 2016). The Bf-109 K-4, the FW 190 D-9, and now the FW 190 A-8 too, all have them, and for multiple bomb types as well (SC50, SC250, SC500J, SD500A, etc.). At this stage, ED has not added them on the Allied aircraft, but those LW machines are all superb aircraft, and are highly recommended if you are so insistent on doing extremely low-level fighter-bomber attacks. That said, we routinely see Allied pilots on the servers doing just fine with instantaneously fuzes and historical tactics.

In the book "P-47 Pilots - The Fighter-Bomber Boy's " The Author, Tom Glenn, talked about how the dive bombing tactics of rolling in and releasing from 3000 Ft, worked great if the target was an Aircraft Carrier, not so well if the target was a bridge.

What he did was called "Drive Bombing", they would fly just above the river, aim for the bridge supports and "drive" the bomb home, hoping the delayed fuse worked as advertised. :huh:

Now that would be...interesting to try

• 2 weeks later...
There are already delayed fuzes in DCS WW2, and for as long as I've been flying DCS (since 2016). The Bf-109 K-4, the FW 190 D-9, and now the FW 190 A-8 too, all have them, and for multiple bomb types as well (SC50, SC250, SC500J, SD500A, etc.). At this stage, ED has not added them on the Allied aircraft, but those LW machines are all superb aircraft, and are highly recommended if you are so insistent on doing extremely low-level fighter-bomber attacks. That said, we routinely see Allied pilots on the servers doing just fine with instantaneously fuzes and historical tactics.

LW have had delayed fuses for years, but the Allied side not allowed them. Speaks volumes and not so good if you are a customer for the Spit, P51, P47 and the upcoming Mosquito. Great if you own LW aircraft, but I don't as I am not a fan of those aircraft. I suggest that 'at this stage' we should have had historical delayed fuses for the Allied aircraft as well. The neglected detail and functionality of the Allied aircraft in this respect is disappointing, to day the least!

Others may be content with this consistent capability deficit that we have put up with for years, for the Allied side only, but I find it less than impressive and rather odd as it gives the impression that the development team are not bothered.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

LW have had delayed fuses for years, but the Allied side not allowed them. Speaks volumes and not so good if you are a customer for the Spit, P51, P47 and the upcoming Mosquito. Great if you own LW aircraft, but I don't as I am not a fan of those aircraft. I suggest that 'at this stage' we should have had historical delayed fuses for the Allied aircraft as well. The neglected detail and functionality of the Allied aircraft in this respect is disappointing, to day the least!

Others may be content with this consistent capability deficit that we have put up with for years, for the Allied side only, but I find it less than impressive and rather odd as it gives the impression that the development team are not bothered.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Yes the German Bias is clear. This is obviously a concentrated effort to handicap the spitfire, greatest aircraft that ever flew, and keep you from winning that war that ended 80 years ago.....

Or you know they just got to it for the germans since there is a button for it in the cockpit. :megalol:

Seriously if someone came up with theories like this for the opposite side they would be bombarded with shouts of luftwhiner and crybaby left and right. Not everything has to be a conspiracy theory.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Yes the German Bias is clear. This is obviously a concentrated effort to handicap the spitfire, greatest aircraft that ever flew, and keep you from winning that war that ended 80 years ago.....

Or you know they just got to it for the germans since there is a button for it in the cockpit. :megalol:

Seriously if someone came up with theories like this for the opposite side they would be bombarded with shouts of luftwhiner and crybaby left and right. Not everything has to be a conspiracy theory.

Nice try at some deflective script there, LOL, but the bottom line is that not all loadout options are controlled from the cockpit, so why not have the appropriate loadout options, including timed fuses for Allied aircraft, available in the loadout options drop down menu? As I say, the impression given to me is that the development team are not bothered and I think that is a great shame. Especially as lots of folks are eagerly awaiting the Mosquito and customers owning other Allied warbirds are being short changed in this respect and have been for some considerable amount of time. How much longer?

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Nice try at some deflective script there, LOL, but the bottom line is that not all loadout options are controlled from the cockpit, so why not have the appropriate loadout options, including timed fuses for Allied aircraft, available in the loadout options drop down menu? As I say, the impression given to me is that the development team are not bothered and I think that is a great shame. Especially as lots of folks are eagerly awaiting the Mosquito and customers owning other Allied warbirds are being short changed in this respect and have been for some considerable amount of time. How much longer?

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Indeed :thumbup:

Theres not really anything to deflect. Im sure it will be added in due time as a kneeboard option, like was done for some of the more modern aircraft with armament configurations that can't be done from the cockpit.

Its just silly to paint it as some sort of gross injustice against you, like theres some sort of hidden agenda.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

That's all great for the Luftwaffe aircraft, but I would also love to have them in the allied planes and even more so on the modern jets!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
That's all great for the Luftwaffe aircraft, but I would also love to have them in the allied planes and even more so on the modern jets!

Agreed.

As for modern jets, the Argentinians made heavy use of delay fuses when attacking ships.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

As for modern jets, the Argentinians made heavy use of delay fuses when attacking ships.

That didn't really work out for them... :music_whistling:

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...