VT Fuzing question

LtMacGowan

During the training mission it said i had to set the VT fuze height to the same setting the bomb was set to and in the training it was 1500ft but im flying the close air support mission and it doesn't say what the bombs fuze is set to, automatically the VT fuze is set to 300, how do i determine what the bomb is set to?

IRL, the burst altitude is set on the ground and the pilot simply chooses the correct option on the DDI, for a good weapons solution. In DCS, we currently don't have the option to change the actual altitude (would have to be done in the ME or on the ground), so it's fixed at 1500 ft AGL, like Swiftwin9s says.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Isn’t there a bug/mis-implementation where the fuse activates 1.5s after 1500ft?

It seems to be using a mix up between the two fuze types. The older mech fuze (MK339? From memory)is time based. It has PRI and OPT, which burst 1.5s and 4.0s after release respectively. Those options are available on our stores page.

The radar fuse (forgotten name) has the VT options. But it seems ED has messed it up in that the 1.5s timer also applies to the radar height. Pretty confident it shouldn’t.

The model viewer has CBU with both types of fuze 3D modelled already, maybe one day we’ll get to chose the fuze in the loadout screen?