40,000 Feet

Ironhand

Since purchasing this beauty, I’ve only had a few minutes pit time. Had a few extra minutes to fly this morning and decided to try a quick flight to 40,000 ft which should be close to her service ceiling. For a prop, she climbs well, though those last couple thousand feet took a bit of time. Had to be very gentle with her and not push. Anyway, a lovely experience. Great job team!

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Yes, that's how it works. Service ceiling is defined as the moment you can't get more that 100ft/min sustained in variometer, so it's not that easy to reach.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Yes, that's how it works. Service ceiling is defined as the moment you can't get more that 100ft/s sustained in variometer, so it's not that easy to reach.

S!

100 ft/s i highly doubt that. This 100 ft/s= 6000 ft/min according to your criteria P-51 service ceiling should be 0, sam as p-47 both top out at 50-70 ft/s at SL

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

100 ft/s i highly doubt that. This 100 ft/s= 6000 ft/min according to your criteria P-51 service ceiling should be 0, sam as p-47 both top out at 50-70 ft/s at SL
Yeah, misquoted the units, ft/min, the ones your variometer is calibrated in.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice