Decksliding / Sync issues / Rubberbanding fixed for release?

viper2097

Will all those issues be solved when the Supercarrier will be released?

I'm asking because Wags already said here that this is a must before release.

Unfortunately, those problems are the same as ever and there have not been any news on that. So maybe we can get a little update on that topic?

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Yup, there's a problem there. I was behind CAT4 while the boat was making a 90° port turn and kept getting shimmie'd to the rail ....before being tossed off:cry:

All that after a 4hr perfect set of missions...with 1 target left...what a pisser:megalol:

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

This thread hasn't been moved to the wishlist so maybe it's been resolved or still being worked on. Hopefully ED can reply soon about it.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Will all those issues be solved when the Supercarrier will be released?

I'm asking because Wags already said here that this is a must before release.

Unfortunately, those problems are the same as ever and there have not been any news on that. So maybe we can get a little update on that topic?

So wags already said its a must once. If he says it twice will you believe it twice as much?

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

If he says it twice will you believe it twice as much?

I think they will... so still 0% :)

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

So wags already said its a must once. If he says it twice will you believe it twice as much?

He never clarified if "a must" is reffered to the Early Access Release, or to the "Finished Module" release.

I'm asking because it got silent around those topics.

But those topics should be top priority for the supercarrier and the actual state is the same bad and bugged situation like months ago. But the Supercarrier should arrive in a few days.

So I guess there is a reason to ask for the situation on those topics, and also how ED thinks to handle those.

Why is it so top priority?

- Would you like to drop from the deck while the carrier is turning?

- We get 14 spawn locations, that means that those are very narrow. Would you like to get 10 player aircraft destroyed just because one guy is spawning?

- Would you like to get all aircraft next to yours destroyed while taxi'ing, just because the wings are swept back for your RIO, but swept forward for you?

- Would you like to guess if the static objects you are seeing, also can be seen by others? Or vice versa.

- Would you like to see another player bouncing up and down, forward and back 10 meter during a trap as soon as he hits the deck with the wheels?

- Would you still like to get sick as RIO in the Tomcat, as soon as the engines are started?

I would rather see those questions answered in the Supercarrier FAQs then if the elevators will work in EA, or which weapon systems will be available during EA.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I’ve also noticed a great reduction in deck sliding recently, so much so that I was going to paste a new thread here about it (but then I forgot :) ). The carrier was however only going in a straight line and not turning

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

This is going to be such a MASSIVE change if happening, even hard to believe as of now, but I'm confident they'll at least have this sorted when the module releases out of Early Access.

Another thing that is a VERY big must is fixing the broken track playback with moving carriers involed, especially since they totally rely on us hooving in tracks when filing bug reports. If literally all of them are broken, how worthy would they be to showcase issues that might not be possible to recreate via extracting the data from the tracks? Remember they've got tools we don't, so even a broken track can be of value. But theoretically things like "I hit the 3 wire, but still do bolter if the wind is >5kts" could end up in responses like "works on our end, we don't see you hitting the 3 wire on your track even".

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

So will there be no official statement from ED regarding those issues?

This thread hasn't been moved to the wishlist so maybe that's a good sign.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

During past 10 years, that problems not solved. dont expect that problems has been solved.

I dont go Stennis anymore because that problems. specifically tomcat. problems very serious on the deck.

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Didn't seem to be sliding my last time on Aerobatics MP.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I was sliding today. Spawned directly fore of the island and was quite busy with flight planning. After a good 20 minutes or so I was running up the engines and getting flight-ready, when suddenly I sled backwards off the deck and into the water. I think the Stennis was doing a port turn at the moment.

Before that I didn't notice that I had been skidding, but I know that after I has spawned a Tomcat spawned just to my right and apparently although both of us had our wings folded, I noticed sparks coming from my starboard wing a couple of times as if it were rubbing on the wingtip of the cat to the right, and shortly afterwards I landed in the drink.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I think there are two seperate issues. One issue is client aircrafts getting desynced in MP and since all airplanes are moving with the carrier, they will start to slide back and forth into the direction the carrier is moving when pings get bad.

The other issue is the aircraft/carrier contact model, which occurs in both SP and MP. Notice that while the engines are off, your aircraft wont move even if the carrier is turning/pitching. Once the engines are running, your aircraft will start wobbling on a pitching deck. The more the carrier is pitching (i.e. the stronger the wind), the more your aircraft will wobble. Same happens when the carrier starts turning. Apparently, the contact model is unable to exactly change your aircraft's direction/orientation with the carrier deck.

I noticed that the latter issue got improved with 2.5.6 (although it might be my imagination) and will probably vanish on the supercarriers. The MP desync issue is more tricky I'm afraid but that doesn't mean ED won't come up with a solution.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

• ED Team

Desync at the moment is a big problem, it is top priority for the team and is being actively worked on, but it is also very challenging issue.

Work has already been done ready for SC release but it needs more work and wider testing in our public testing open beta, I am sure we will see it tweaked after SC release as we get feedback from you all.

As soon as we have more information to share we will.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So it will lilely not being fixed for the release, and we'll have to deal with desync, rubberbanding and decksliding for the SC release? Maybe just not as bad as we are used to at the moment?

Well, honestly, thats bad news. Especially as Wags mentioned that fixing those issues is a must for release of the SC.

Still thank you for clarifying.

Steam user - Youtube

Same, dont see why someone should spend money on a carrier with the same broken physics and desynch issues as the default free ones. Some eye candy, animations and semi-authentic radio comms arent really worth it in my opinion. Those above mentioned issues should be a #1 priority, same as MP stability/lag in the latest 2.5.6 release which will probably affect the SC module in a really bad way.

Most of the time I've seen it most acute my engines have been off after a carrier trap. Usually waiting for a bunch of people to congregate and/ practice a carrier cold start and cat launch.

HB has said they're gonna add wheel chocks but I'm pretty sure I've seen my Hornet slide with chocks on anyway...

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Well... they promised for release... Not for early access.

If a little bit of sliding around on deck isn't your cup of tea then wait until it's not an issue.

Super simple. I'm OK with them making good on their promise later as they've promised.

My suggestion is that you be one of the ones to test the "Let's see what happens if I don't have a super carrier but I'm in a mission that has one placed" beta testers...

We need those too :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Same, dont see why someone should spend money on a carrier with the same broken physics and desynch issues as the default free ones. Some eye candy, animations and semi-authentic radio comms arent really worth it in my opinion. Those above mentioned issues should be a #1 priority, same as MP stability/lag in the latest 2.5.6 release which will probably affect the SC module in a really bad way.

Airhunter, I doubt very seriously that it has anything at all to do with the carrier. This is probably more about the net code. If you notice, the Tomcat is always moving around, although much less than when it first came out, but the Hornet is rock solid on the deck. It has been my experience in the multiplayer missions I have been flying with my squad, that the only time a Hornet begins to slip slide around on the flight deck is when the player of that particular plane is having internet connection issues. The Tomcat is still jittery probably because it is a multiplayer cockpit and the game engine is trying to keep both seats in the same place all the time. In a single player mission, the Tomcat is just as solid as the Hornet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Broken physics, desync issues shouldnt be in the sim, full stop. I've not bought super carrier DLC until I see the base games physics on the carrier behaving to a satisfactory degree and that it is stable enough for some basic low client count multiplayer. That's not an unreasonable condition, I'm not spelling out doom, or suggesting ED are completely unable, in the current physics engine, to do a reasonable simulation of an aircraft on a moving deck, I'm only speaking for myself when i say there's no chance I'll buy a DLC about a carrier whilst the current sim's carrier physics has so many issues.

I enthusiastically engaged in squadron activities in MP on the carrier and most of them ended in fireballs, deck and spawn collisions, Tomcat's slipping over the side, either sticky non bouncing deck or overly weird leaping off the deck. That was last year. I know a bunch of people who are also looking at this with skepticism. Great visuals notwithstanding, it's lipstick on a bulldog until the fundamentals work.

I genuinely fear for a massive backlash on this one. Time to bury this physics engine ED.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 2 weeks later...