Typical stores loading

Wizard_03

Search for "PACAF standard conventional loads"

There is an old AFI floating around with the SCLs for the PACAF wings that flew the CCIP jets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Take a look at the SCL lists… there you will find all what ist possible. Somewhere I have a document from the 8th FW at Kunsan about those SCL´s. SCL is used for "standard conventional loadout". Some examples for F-16 are:

A/G:

2G10X2AX2WX2 / 6M82X2AX2WX2 / A65X2AX2WX2 / 2A88CBX3AX1WX2 / 4C71X3AX1WX2 /C03X3AX1WX2 / 2C87X2AX2WX2

A/A:

4AX2WX2 / 2AX2WX0

As you see, they do NOT use 6 Mavericks or 6 CBU-87.... ;) But there a lot of informations on the web about those SCL. Codes for weapons what an W stands for, or A, A88, G32 and so on... ;)

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

To add for realism when 120s and 9s are equipped, 120s go on the wingtips.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

To add for realism when 120s and 9s are equipped, 120s go on the wingtips.

I'm curious why they do that though. I've read they found placing aim-120s on the wingtips reduced the wings lifespan and even led to wing cracking in some cases.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing flutter versus wing service life. I think they went with reduced service life of the wing over the weird wing flutter with the 9s outboard.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Wing flutter versus wing service life. I think they went with reduced service life of the wing over the weird wing flutter with the 9s outboard.

I thought the 120s reduced the flutter and INCREASED the service life? :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Take a look at the SCL lists… there you will find all what ist possible. Somewhere I have a document from the 8th FW at Kunsan about those SCL´s. SCL is used for "standard conventional loadout". Some examples for F-16 are:

A/G:

2G10X2AX2WX2 / 6M82X2AX2WX2 / A65X2AX2WX2 / 2A88CBX3AX1WX2 / 4C71X3AX1WX2 /C03X3AX1WX2 / 2C87X2AX2WX2

A/A:

4AX2WX2 / 2AX2WX0

As you see, they do NOT use 6 Mavericks or 6 CBU-87.... ;) But there a lot of informations on the web about those SCL. Codes for weapons what an W stands for, or A, A88, G32 and so on... ;)

In addition, I suggest into the loadout page to have the selection option for fixed loadout profile for A-A or A-G.eg

Scrabble load out Training Mika or Lima or Xray only for A-A , CAS, Naval Strike , Deep Strike et.c for A-G

I thought the 120s reduced the flutter and INCREASED the service life? :huh:

Yes the 120s reduce the flutter, but they hare causing issues with stress fractures. So the "fix" to reduce the flutter, didn't help improve the structure integrity.

PS not a structure engineer, my response is my view and opinion from countless hours of fixing said structure issues....aka fuel leaks.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes the 120s reduce the flutter, but they hare causing issues with stress fractures. So the "fix" to reduce the flutter, didn't help improve the structure integrity.

PS not a structure engineer, my response is my view and opinion from countless hours of fixing said structure issues....aka fuel leaks.

LAWL OK got it. After I re-read my post I went down the "Heavier might be just as bad" road in my mind...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

While going through CC training I remember a weapons instructor (I think it was) mention it was to minimize roll inertia when you get within visual range, where maneuverability is more important than when you're BVR. Typically you would have gotten rid of the 120s by then and having the mass of the 9s one station closer to the centerline reduces roll resitance a little.

Was more of a side comment, so we didn't think more of it at the time but, I doubt that's the main reason. Esspecially not enough to offset the increased fatigue caused by the CATM 120s on the tips, and even more so when pretty much all we fly is peace time training or A2G on deployments. Occasionally we heard they wanted to fly with a certain loadout so the pilot could get used to the handling characteristics, but with heavier loadouts. If having the 9s on either 2 of the outer most stations really mattered I'd assume we would have also flown VVR fights with only CATM 9s and empty tip rails.

And currently studying aircraft structural engineering I wince mildly when thinking back on the twisting and bending those tip 120s did to the wing.. the 9s as well though for that matter..

Edited by Arguss