Collecting Signatures for ED to design piston aircraft for elementary flight trainer

Spook

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have said "If you reply, it counts as a signature" in fine print somewhere. xD

No.

I vote no because like the guys above said, GA has other sims for it right now. For aerobatic aircraft, I'm all for it! I await the CE2.

However, I don't think this is a good choice of aircraft for a western trainer. USAF training aircraft that might work instead would be the Northrop T-38 Talon, a supersonic trainer still in use today. It looks strikingly similar to our current F-5E. Or a Beechcraft T-6 Texan II, a prop. Both look good to me. Actually I like the look of that Texan. It's more commonly known, and is also still used today.79345d8f14c9841f700194aa44305677.jpgcdb886eccf3a81ef831c7372b6ae9227.jpg1acddf1a90abfbce1951e9fbc22d4f8a.jpg9e762de394dce5364ea21ec8e62818c9.jpg

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

But here's another one anyway. No, thank you. There are fantastic civilian simulators out there already. I don't need or want a Piper/Cessna in DCS.
The thing is, no there aren't. May be, and only may be, the new X-plane 11 has a better FM and physics than previous anything, still we haven't ever experienced a DCS level GA aircraft, and even though what many of you have said is quite right in general, people interest, "this is not a GA simulator" (that's not true, DCS is a sandbox of everything), why bother ED with their so tight timetable, still I personally would like to see some day a GA aircraft modelled to the last detail like in DCS so may be it could be certified for real training and DCS could be the definitive learning tool with a so real FM that one can actually learn real and useful things of the real deal while on ground.

In this subject, sorry to say but you all are being narrow minded keeping your thoughts in what you personally like while setting aside lots of things the platform could offer, maybe not tomorrow though, but why not some day.

S!

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Negative

• Like 1

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

There is so much in the pipeline we have all been waiting for (for) so long...

There is a constant wish list for “this and that”. It will be a great day when what is currently in the pipeline comes to fuition and ED fine tunes the Sim.

For me, I’d rather see that happen before anything else.

A US Trainer like a Texan would not be a bad thing though... one day down the road.

But personally, it is no to the Cessna and it’s ilk.

Edited by MegOhm_SD
Cuz
  • Like 1

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I wonder how many people wonder if this is a legitimate thread, or a trolling click-bait :D.

Hasn't RAZBAM started working on Tucano some time ago by the way?

Agreed about this being a legit thread. After the Magnitude 3 (LNS) fumble with their CE2 announcement and severe roasting, I have to say this is a very gutsy move or poor attempt of humor.

And for the record...NO!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

It's also a no from me.

The clue is in the name..... Digital"Combat" Simulator.

Now...... where did I park that Spitfire............ :D

• Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

What is missing in DCS is the career mode in such a way as to unite every single module starting from a training biplane up to the Saber or Mig15. And start from yak52 up to the various Harrier F18 and so on. So doing so would create a soria within the endless game as well as entice to buy modules that otherwise would never buy ... of course all this as an option within DCS

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

In this subject, sorry to say but you all are being narrow minded keeping your thoughts in what you personally like while setting aside lots of things the platform could offer, maybe not tomorrow though, but why not some

"Digital Combat Simulator"

Maybe we are being narrow minded because we support DCS.

Respectfully this is not Mavis Beacons learn to fly stuff that doesn't blow other stuff up!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full...

Sorry sir that phrase has already been taken for this thread. :P

"Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full."

-Air Boss Johnson

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Yes. :thumbup:

• Su-25T isn't really representative of the product (don't get me wrong, that's a plane i love)

• Tf-51D as a free demo plane is a terrible mistake that likely led many prospect to leave in frustration of not being able to even taxi.

• They is no basic tutorial in DCS, so they is no option for beginner to start off DCS, they need to go thru another simulation first or get an online training from a friend.

Eagle Dynamics should consider a free clickable trainer, with a little flying tutorial. That would make a nice demo.

I guess this forum is the last place you want to run such a poll - everyone in there are just part of the "DCS hardcore fans" crowd and has zero care for a new trainer, neither is representative of the market. They are just waiting for "yet another fighter jet". Just saying this without offense intended.

Edited by Darkwolf
  • Like 1

Well that's pretty unanimous.

However, we definitely lack a basic trainer with the flight fidelity that DCS World can provide. How many here actually fly a plane correctly? Hardly any is my guess.

So I say yes.

Brave move.

On the Original post:

First off, your timing on the request is probably the worst possible, as Magnitude 3 just announced a GA Aerobatics aircraft and this riling the crowd quite a bit after a week-long teasing period.

Secondly, asking for a GA aircraft with such a tight timeframe just makes all possible voters run away, as every DCS user knows the utmost important thing for Eagle Dynamics at this time is to get the 2.5 out and then support it maximally to actually provide for a simulator that it fit for purpose (i.e. not broken all the damn time) and feature complete.

I personally don't see any harm in a developer tackling a GA aircraft in DCS, but I have to say it should regard a more realistic timeframe, and a developer with sufficient time on their hands. DCS as a platform does NOT need features to support light GA aircraft that it shouldn't have anyway! In that light, considerations that DCS would become a civilian sim are in my opinion ridiculous. In particular DCS needs a proper ATC system regardless of aircraft types in the sim, and that is already in the works. Adding GA aircraft does not require the altering of the base game. That is not a good counterargument.

Argumenting the nature of DCS by the title alone has merit yes, but it is not the whole story. DCS is described as a sandbox. Besides I see plenty of freeflight and aerobatic servers around. Does someone see those as a threat to DCS?

I don't mind GA in DCS, and a good argument for the is, that no other simulator comes to par with DCS level flight modeling. In that light some may look upon DCS and hope "if I could just fly my favorite aircraft with that much fidelity". I do mind if the developement of such aircraft interfere with the developement of the core game. Yes! DCS is a combat sim at heart. It damn well should be! But if someone capable wants to pop into DCS with a GA aircraft, be my guest.

So a yes form me to the concept. But a no for this particular proposal.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Edited by MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron