Where is the DCS F-16 model ?

Thick8

I did a search on this and can not find an answer.

I don't understand how the most produced modern fighter aircraft can be missing from DCS.

Is it because Lockheed Martin won't allow it, where General Dynamics would?

Is there no interest in this aircraft (I find that hard to believe) as Falcon is still going strong in spite of being a subpar flight simulator?

It would be nice if ED could chime in on this. Maybe @Waggs knows.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Look up the posts from 2011. There you have your F-16 model.

Nope, not seeing it. Just some reference to a skin with no flight characteristics or weapon modeling. Would you care to elaborate?

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Someone or other on the DCS forums has asked this EXACT question about once a week or so since 2011. Certainly no one doubts the demand for a DCS: F-16 module. If Lockheed or another license-holder was able to block a DCS project, they would surely not elaborate on it here. If ED were to contract for a military F-16 simulation, they might develop it to a DCS module as they did with A-10C, F/A-18C, etc. Until then, we keep dreaming!

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Thank you for the links to the speculative discussions. Yet none of them answer the question.

Maybe someone here knows if an F-16 module is being blocked. Maybe Waggs might know or know someone who does. Maybe he would know if the F-16 is slated for development. I can’t imagine DCS hasn’t looked into developing it. Just wondering what the roadblocks are.

A2G Radar, Super Sonic PFM, Core Systems (DATALINK, ETC), Advanced A2A Radar,

to name a few, now that those items are integrated w/ DCS:F/A-18C, then a F-16 is more possible.

ED, have already developed the External and Cockpit, Obviously, but AFAWK, the project was put on hold, w/ only mere mentions of it by the 3D Artist SkyLark,.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have no interest in the F-16. After the Hornet, I'd prefer development to be dedicated to a more different aircraft or the improvement of DCS, instead of an aircraft, which capabilities are already covered by the Hornet and has been done in other sims

Why is this in the mods section anyway. If you are asking for Mods, there are some, but I believe mostly private

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Likely the emergence of F-16 in DCS not justified on financial grounds, after all there is Falcon BMS free. F-16 deserves to appear in DCS, it will find many fans.

RU

Вероятно появление F-16 В DCS не оправдано по финансовым соображениям, ведь есть Falcon BMS бесплатный. F-16 заслуживает того, чтобы появиться в DCS, он найдет много поклонников.

Безымянный-2.png

Likely the emergence of F-16 in DCS not justified on financial grounds, after all there is Falcon BMS free. F-16 deserves to appear in DCS, it will find many fans.

RU

Вероятно появление F-16 В DCS не оправдано по финансовым соображениям, ведь есть Falcon BMS бесплатный. F-16 заслуживает того, чтобы появиться в DCS, он найдет много поклонников.

Been Stated Dozens of times, it has nothing to do w/ other simulations.

//Moved to Wishlist

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs