FC3 Bug thread

It is not turbine. It is a static guide vanes.

Aahh...so they remain static and all is well?

The Inlet compressor guide vanes are not completely static. When the engine is in flight they pitch each on their own axis to adjust the best angle for air injestion. On some engines, probably most of them you can still see the rotor behind them. If you want to be picky you can add that visual effect. :)

Correction: Military Pratt engines usually have fixed IGV's in fornt of the fan (most commercial models its the other way around), but becauss they stand nearly edge on, you can still see the rotor spinning.

Edited by Pilotasso
  • Like 1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Some Su-25 related issue:

- Gunpods cannot be assigned to axis

- Gunpods BCE (ALL) modes not fire all guns, (external+internal)

- Wrong Chaff and flare count. 128 places insted of 256, modell and skin shows 8*32 dispensers.

- Ingame chaff and flare rearmin is not working well. Issue 69

- MDB-67-U 4*FAB-100 modell is incorrect, FAB-100 bombs too close to each other

"Fighters make movies, bombers make history."

- Gunpods BCE (ALL) modes not fire all guns, (external+internal)

Normal operation - no bug.

Rest added to list.

Ta

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Gentlemen, please:

Bugs only - this is not a wish-list thread.

Wish-list posts moved to relevant thread here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=31601

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi viper, definitely a bug not a wish:

can we please get back the texture (GSM) for the street and concrete within the airfield ammunition depots and fuel depots for example in Senaki? They got lost in DCS series since FC2. the texture get lost or disappears at the reworked bases, for example Senaki.

Gentlemen, please:

Bugs only - this is not a wish-list thread.

Wish-list posts moved to relevant thread here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=31601

Screen_121113_223851.thumb.jpg.16b676b040e09bb7001f80988fc9abd8.jpg

Screen_121113_223913.thumb.jpg.c5a6634a5bbcd4e2fc1297bc6844b23a.jpg

Edited by flanker1

Viper you posted regarding the SU27 IRST:

"Not supposed to - not capable of being slewed in elevation IRL."

Is this the same for the SU33 and Mig29 ? and therefore the reason Elevation control of the IRST sensor was disabled in FC3 ... though it was available in LOMAC,FC1 and fC2 ?

hi viper, definitely a bug not a wish:

can we please get back the streets and concrete layer within the airfield ammunition- and fuel depots for example in Senaki?? They got lost in DCS series since FC2

Have you got screenshots before and after? Would appreciate it.

Ta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this the same for the SU33 and Mig29 ? and therefore the reason Elevation control of the IRST sensor was disabled in FC3 ... though it was available in LOMAC,FC1 and fC2 ?

Yes.

Might very well have been available (not 100% sure - I'm a Toadie) but it is correct now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not supposed to - not capable of being slewed in elevation IRL.

Not working how?

Wikpedia is not reliable per se. There are a lot of considerations taken into account in those numbers. Will however enquire, but 99% certain values currently In-SIM are spot-on.

I've been watching some YT vids with it and it was working there:) So its not a but its a feature.

I've launched Quick start mission for Su 27 destroyed all the targets and landing gear is just not going down when im attempting to land. Not by default keys or HOTAS binded keys... Its just not responding. And i didnt take any dmg...

Concerning the AIM-120, AIM-7, R-27, R-27ER

Tracks attached.

Spent some time playing with the DLZs for these weapons, especially Rmax and especially for the AIM-7 and R-27. When launched immediately after their Rmax on the DLZ, neither can reach a non-maneuvering, constant speed target which is approaching headon at co-altitude (7000m). They both end up about 1000m or more below the target at intercept.

In the same situation, the AIM-120 hits the target with enough energy in reserve to have flown to a farther intercept. The same is true for the R-27ER but that missile's DLZ is identical to the R-27's so, by default, any comparison to it's DLZ is going to be wrong. And the issue of the lack of differentiation of the Russian DLZs is a known bug.

What's interesting about the AIM-120 and the AIM-7 is that it's only at higher altitudes that the AIM-120 has greater reach (greater DLZ). In fact, at lower altitudes, the AIM-7 has the longer range.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Hey guys,

Sorry to interrupt, but is the CBU 97 falling short a bug? or can someone pls explain what I am doing wrong?

thanks,

V

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

It's all right, let the hamfists break the edge and pay for it with a spin/stall. I just keep seeing it peg and know there's still a little more the Eagle can give. Since I don't have a FFB stick (not that such is supposedly working right now), I locked the HUD to the paddle switch and find myself constantly checking back.

It's not like the mini-HUD/JHMCS thing is really fitting for this MSIP 1/2 F-15C amalgamation. Although, if somebody wanted to drop a couple thousand pounds on the frame weight, the mashup might make an excusable representation of the ANG F-15A's that were running around HI until they got Raptors...

WRT the new mechanisation of the EOS system (no elevation control). This needs to be in the revised manual as its a major change in the mechanisation from all previous versions of the game.

In addition logic would say that if EOS scan volume cant be slewed in elevation the elevation caret on the HDD should be removed or automatically move to indicate the EOS auto scan. Also what is the function now of the scan horizontal line in the HUD ... previously it represented EOS scan elevation.

Also What are the current azimuth and elevation of the scanned area ?

My research indicates that the MIG29 and SU27/33 system are slightly different.

MIG29 has 2 modes Wide and Narrow

Wide scan auto scans +-30degrees in Azimuth +30degrees in elevation to -15degrees in elevation centred on the Aircrafts axis.

In Narrow mode its +-30degrees Azimuth and +-15 degrees in pitch

SU27

Wide mode +-60deg in Azimuth, +60 to -15dege in elevation.

Couldnt find any SU27 reference to narrow mode only 4 different selectable azimuth values.

I guess all this also now calls in to question whether the scan Left Scan right keys should be able to be used with the EOS. In The Beta the HDD green scan volume indicator moves with the scan Volume keys. if it were my call I would disable the scan volume Left Right Keys for EOS operation and just have the scan Volume fan on the HDD indicate the actual current EOS azimuth limits. If the narrow mode was modelled then I guess one of the scan vol left or right keybindings could default to that purpose when EOS was the selected sensor.

Edited by IvanK

Sorry if this has been covered before. But I am noticing that at least for the AIM-120/9's firing at frontal aspect and scoring a good hit does little to no damage on the SU33 except for maybe a few small holes on the front aspect of the plane. I would say in both situations the pilot should have been killed outright.

The following issues were noted by a fellow forum member (apologies cannot recall name):

24 - HUD contacts in front appears also in Rear Aspect Mode.

25 - Frontal aspect HUD contacts appears in Rear radar mode and can be locked

Could somebody please explain to me what exactly is out of the ordinary as I seem to be missing something? Sounds like normal operation to me.

Ta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can somebody tell what key is triggering the mini HUD so I can turn it back off when it happens? It has always been disabled in the options menu, but out of nowhere when flying around it turns itself back on randomly. Made a quick video of the floating HUD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZayKUK3Sr4&feature=youtu.be

some missions have forced settings, one of which is mini HUD

No longer active in DCS...