Persian Gulf/Hornet Stream April 15th 9:00am PST (4:00pm GMT)

NineLine

• ED Team

The next Persian Gulf/DCS F/A-18C Steam will focus around the Persian Gulf Islands.

For this Stream we are requesting that if you like you may submit ONE question here and Wags will pick out a few questions to answer during the stream. Try and focus your questions on the subject he is showing off, the Persian Gulf and Hornet.

Again, please only submit one question, thanks guys!

Screen_180320_152919.jpg

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

If you simultaneously dump fuel while making a high angle of attack with the afterburners lit, is it possible for the fuel being dumped to ignite?

I ask because I seen a warning of this in the NATOPS manual.

"Simultaneous selection of fuel dump and afterburner during high AOA

maneuvering may cause fuel to ignite with resulting fuselage damage."

In the last live stream you mentioned that the Persian Gulf map may be extended to the north and/or west, does this mean we can hope for Quatar or even Bahrain or is it "only" more cities and airfields placed to the north and west on the current map?

What Red Plane can be an even fight against F18 , F 15, in multiplayer? F15 is broken right now , you add F18 (Cant wait to fly it) but what about the opposite faction (Red)??

Are there any plan to add or release valid option that can fight back the F18? A fully clickable 4gen Russian Plane maybe?

Thank you.

Could you please name a few units that might be in the new assets for this map. Also will those assets have to be bought separately or will they be included in the updates?

Suggestion: In this livestream (or another) could you show off maybe one of the upcoming AI assets of the Gulf map? [EG refuel your Hornet from an Iranian or Saudi Arabian Tanker (if it's included)]

Edited by carss

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Will the Hornet be initially available in 2.5 Stable or only Open Beta? I would like to only have one version of the World on my rig at this point but still have early access to the Hornet. Is that going to be possible?

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The soon-to-be released F-18 joins the A10C, Harrier, Mirage 2K, F5 and upcoming F14, F4 and F16 as full fidelity western/NATO modules. The "red" side has only the Mig-15, 21 and soon the MIG-19. What are ED's thoughts on this disparity and is there any concerted effort to bring more modern ex-Soviet aircraft to DCS in order to provide a more complete simulation?

With regard to the new aircraft carrier model, how to obtain it, and whether the function of the aircraft carrier parking position in the editor has been improved, can it support the parking of more aircraft born by players?

In addition, the number of inland airports in the Persian Gulf is relatively small and it can be increased. If the mission of the Persian Gulf is needed in the future, these coastal airports may be the targets of cruise missiles.

Hey Matt,

do you have plans to do a more complete TACAN Tutorial for the Hornet with things like ARCING methods, RADIAL TO ARC Intercept and so on that are important flying around the "boat"?

Are the map making tools getting to a place where third parties could start making maps?

Actually the map making tools have been get to the 3rd parties, making maps (Ugla Media and Normandy map). if others 3rd parties has get the SDK and making maps actually is unknown.

Will the Hornet be initially available in 2.5 Stable or only Open Beta? I would like to only have one version of the World on my rig at this point but still have early access to the Hornet. Is that going to be possible?

Always the DCS World modules coming first to the Open Beta and after bug fixing, will be release to stable version.